Sunday Tunes

Just spinnin' some Incognito this morn...(Sunburn right now)...It's cold, raining and dreary out. I'm thinkin this is going to be a contempory Jazz day.

I put on 'It's A Beautiful Day' earlier..thats always nice too......

sounds like wishful thinking.....

one other thing ....:beer: :guitar: :wave:

I'm playing The Original Jazz Classics Sampler from Fantasy records. Nice and easy warm music on a cold overcast day.

Carl

Originally posted by opt80
Dave,
Shoot out The Lights (chronicles his break-up with his wife)

Old Kit Bag (his new release)

Rumor And Sigh

I Want to See The Bright Lights

Mock Tudor

Mirror Blue

These are all in my collection,I would certainly buy the first Two.

Alan

Also,,,,You guys must go and get the live CD's by Richard Thompson called "Ducknapped" and "More Guitar" as well as a compilation from his Capitol days...I think its called "Action Packed"...I am buying from Omer the vinyl version of Old Kit Bag....

This weekend, I have spun:

Tales From Topographic Oceans by YES
Steve Howe's Elements
Andy Summers's World Gone Strange
Robin Trower's Bridge of Sighs
Trevor Rabin's Live in LA
Richard Thompson's Old Kit Bag
Deborah Holland's The Book Of Survival
Chris Squire's Fish Out Of Water

Doh! and also YESSONGS...man, I still get blown away by Steve Howe's Playing at the end of Starship Trooper and the middle solo in Yours Is No Disgrace...

No one, and I mean no one solos with the versatility and melodic sense and structure that keeps the song's backbone like Steve...Most others just go on tangents!

Last edited:
Another one of my favorite female vocalist-

Alison Krauss -Forget About It

<pleasurable sigh> :yes:

-Dave

Dave,I know Nekko Case was a hit,have you checked out her first release,The Virginian and Furnace Room Lullaby.

I just ordered The Corn Sisters,It features Case and Carolyn Marks.

Alan

Originally posted by opt80
Dave,I know Nekko Case was a hit,have you checked out her first release,The Virginian and Furnace Room Lullaby.

Not yet, but you can bet I will shortly :yes:

-Dave

Mozart Flute Concertos #1 and 2 on Naxos (3rd time in the last 24 hours!)
Moxy, on LP
Supertramp, Paris LP
Dido, LP
Holly Cole, Shade

So far I've been enjoying a 60's/hippie 'net station mOOn turned me on to while I'm clearing the fog in my head out. No jazz on Sunday AM, rare!

Carl

Sunday morning request line FM, local here. Playing the big stereo.
Pretty eclectic mix, mostly old fart's rock-n-roll. I like it.

The 70s' channel on Music Choise......the wifes workin on some Upholstery, and I'm cleanin' my 'puter room'........

First up -

Melanie Mason "Bendin' The Blues"

To be followed by -

Albert Cummings "From The Heart"
John Kay "Heretics And Privateers"
Gwen Avery "Sugar Mama"

"Served Live", Asleep at the Wheel!!!

"Must have" live Western Swing

If this can't get you moving, check your pulse

It's a rainy, acoustic, vinyl kinda day in the desert, so I'm spinning some of the 28 or so $.49 finds from a few weeks ago:

Norman Blake, Fields of November- some remarkable flat-picking. Don't know how I missed his solo stuff all these years, but I'm on the hunt for more.

Delbert McClinton, Plain From The Heart- makes me wanna run to the fridge for a beer, but it's too early yet........ :D

NP: Leo Kottke, My Feet Are Smiling.

And turning up the volume.........

Back
Top Bottom