The official Music score thread

I love my record store!

IMG_0490.jpg

Not really cheap, but all are hard to find and in great condition!

"Great White Wonder", Bob Dylan. The first rock bootleg.

"Rolling Thunder", Micky Hart. A white label promo with much better sound than my green label Warner Bros pressing.

"Merry Clayton", Merry Clayton. I've been looking for her records since I saw "Twenty Feet from Stardom". You've heard her sing "Rape! Murder!" behind the Rolling Stones on "Gimme Shelter".

I love my record store!

View attachment 1015526

Not really cheap, but all are hard to find and in great condition!

"Great White Wonder", Bob Dylan. The first rock bootleg.

"Rolling Thunder", Micky Hart. A white label promo with much better sound than my green label Warner Bros pressing.

"Merry Clayton", Merry Clayton. I've been looking for her records since I saw "Twenty Feet from Stardom". You've heard her sing "Rape! Murder!" behind the Rolling Stones on "Gimme Shelter".
I have the TMOQ pressing of Great White Wonder.

Hey, all. Just joined today. Ogling other people's scores in the bin and sharing my own are both favorite pasttimes. Here's some recent finds. All generally found in dollar bins or for <$5

Attachments

• IMG_20171029_203221_736.jpg
    IMG_20171029_203221_736.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20171028_163335_035.jpg
    IMG_20171028_163335_035.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20171027_193012_097.jpg
    IMG_20171027_193012_097.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20171020_182956_702.jpg
    IMG_20171020_182956_702.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 31
Visited Brooklyn's "The Thing" today and bought these CDs for $2 each;

P1010001_25.jpg

P1010002_14.jpg

P1010001_26.jpg

I was in my local St. Vincent DePaul thrift store this past Friday and hit the mother load. What makes this so unique is that this particular store always has plenty of vinyl. If you like big band, Lawrence Welk or anything else produced before 1960. And I have nothing against that type of music. It's just not what I enjoy listening to. So I walk in there Friday afternoon and I'm stunned, utterly speechless with what I've found. So here it goes:

Phil collins- no jacket required
Tracy Chapman- Tracy Chapman-
Mannheim Steamroller- Fresh Aire 4
Paul Simon- Graceland
Don Henley- Building the Perfect Beast
Thomas Dolby- The Golden Age of Wireless
Dire Straights- Dire Straights
James Taylor- Flag
Pretenders- 12"- Back on the Chain Gang/My City Was Gone
Some jackets are in good shape and some not as good. But each and every album itself is in it's sleeve and condition wise looks brand new. Every single one which leads me to think they may have come from someone's collection. Pics will come soon.

I don't even know where to begin...

Ok, I do:

Fugees_-_The_Score.jpg

This pretty much sums up my morning trip to Goodwill.

Total count: 32 albums, all recent releases, all in near mint to mint condition, a couple still sealed, many colored vinyl, most 180g or 200g. 10 double albums at $4.99 each, 22 single albums at $2.99.

Easily the biggest music score of my life. In all my years of Goodwill hunting, I have seen (and bought) a total of one recent (last 10 years) release. About a month ago, I picked up a sealed copy of the 2008 re-issue of Metallica - Metallica (The Black Album).

Now this. I am overwhelmed. So much new music to listen to...

Last edited:
I don't even know where to begin...

Ok, I do:

Fugees_-_The_Score.jpg

This pretty much sums up my morning trip to Goodwill.

Total count: 31 albums, all recent releases, all in near mint to mint condition, a couple still sealed, many colored vinyl, most 180g or 200g. 10 double albums at $4.99 each, 21 single albums at $2.99.

Easily the biggest music score of my life. In all my years of Goodwill hunting, I have seen (and bought) a total of one recent (last 10 years) release. About a month ago, I picked up a sealed copy of the 2008 re-issue of Metallica - Metallica (The Black Album).

Now this. I am overwhelmed. So much new music to listen to...

Two more from today's Goodwill mega-score:

METALLICA - MASTER OF PUPPETS (Music For Nations UK pressing, translucent marbled blue vinyl):

Metallica_Master_of_Puppets.jpg

BECK ! ODELAY (translucent marbled brown vinyl):

Beck_Odelay_1.jpg

Beck_Odelay_2.jpg

I had that same pressing of Master of Puppets and it was the worst sounding recording I ever heard of it. I hope your experience is better than mine was. :) Granted my system has the wonderful ability of making bad records sound even worse. LOL

I had that same pressing of Master of Puppets and it was the worst sounding recording I ever heard of it. I hope your experience is better than mine was. :) Granted my system has the wonderful ability of making bad records sound even worse. LOL

Apparently it was an unauthorized re-issue from 2015. That may account for the poor sound quality.

Fortunately, about a month before I got this one, I picked up a sealed 2008 reissue of the Black Album at a different Goodwill:

Metallica_1.jpg

Metallica_2.jpg

Excellent SQ on this one.

MI0002397621.jpg Found this at my local STVDP thrift shops yesterday. Although I've heard their music thru friends, radio and such. This is my first album I've owned. So far so good.

Attachments

• MI0002397621.jpg
    MI0002397621.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

I just noticed you're also in Portland. You didn't happen to donate your copy to Goodwill, did you? That's where I got mine as part of my big Memorial Day vinyl score.

Back
Top Bottom