Thiel CS2 tweeter replacement...

Lazarus Long

I was given a pair of Thiel CS2 speakers. They are in dirty but fixable condition. One tweeter is dead. Any suggestions on new replacements? The original is dynaudio d-28af.

A former employee bought all of the parts after they shuttered so a replacement is most likely available. Ironically, I just visited my tech today and he had a set of Theils needing a crossover (long story) and he contacted this Theil tech who had all the parts needed to build them. Not sure if anyone here has his number, if not, I’ll reach out and get it.

Well Rob emailed me and stated that he could not recommend using anything but the original dynaudio tweeters. It’s understndable. They did design those speakers to work with that specific tweeter. I have two non working tweeters and one working tweeter. Is there a way to repair these? I might crack one open and see.

Morel built Dunaudio tweeter clones too. And that Parts Express tweeter was based on the same design. So, either brand would work, if a stock tweeter can't be located. Though, if an aftermarket tweeter has to used, I'd recommend replacing both tweeters, in order for both speakers to match.

Back
Top Bottom