Today's Blues Playlist

Lined up some blues vinyl for this afternoon, going with a Texas theme.

Jimmie & Stevie Ray Vaughan - Family Style
The Fabulous Thunderbirds - Girls Go Wild
The Fabulous Thunderbirds - T-Bird Rhythm
The Fabulous Thunderbirds - Butt Rockin'
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood
ZZ Top - The Best Of (the old one from the 70s, without the disco bullshit)

Lined up some blues vinyl for this afternoon, going with a Texas theme.

Jimmie & Stevie Ray Vaughan - Family Style
The Fabulous Thunderbirds - Girls Go Wild
The Fabulous Thunderbirds - T-Bird Rhythm
The Fabulous Thunderbirds - Butt Rockin'
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood
ZZ Top - The Best Of (the old one from the 70s, without the disco bullshit)

I'll queue-up T-Bird Rhythm here in 1 hour and 20 minutes, Kris. Just waiting for @WCBE and "Jazz Sunday" to end. Then it's back to Blues.

Mahalo my friend! Lovin' the Blues this weekend. I'm thinking I'll start a Billy Trend of "Mostly" Blues weekends. As you know, I'm a Race Director and in the summer, I often have to set up race courses in the wee hours. I find that BLUES goes better with that (in my ears with Bluetooth Earbuds) than Jazz.

HOT DAMN 8xlaxx she is the real deal!! I have heard her on sirius Bluesville but never seen her. Love the cigar box guitars, didn't know that's what they are called

Hey Parman, when I was in Seattle about three months ago, I was at a shop in Pike Place Market (downtown) where the guy had dozens of Cigar Box Guitars for sale. I almost bought one, but getting it home would have been a pain (no case).

BTW, hope that Yamaha CA-810 system is still cranking out some watts for you. I just bought new Polk Tower speakers for mine.

Cigar box guitars? I know I've already posted this, but what the heck. I was at this show. Not my video, but it looks like it was shot exactly where I was sitting. The dude went on at like noon on a Sunday, and was getting standing O's after each song.

Last edited:
Cigar box guitars? I know I've already posted this, but what the heck. I was at this show. Not my video, but it looks like it was shot exactly where I was sitting. The dude went on at like noon a Sunday, and was getting standing O's after each song.

Hokey smokes, Bullwinkle, that dude can crank out the Cigar Box rifts. I love guys that just (relatively) calmly stand there and make it look like a walk in the park as the instrument just screams!

Hokey smokes, Bullwinkle, that dude can crank out the Cigar Box rifts. I love guys that just (relatively) calmly stand there and make it look like a walk in the park as the instrument just screams!
I know, right?
I love the look on the face of the long hair roadie in the background.

You can actually go to Soar's website and buy a guitar he built.

Listening to the Wagman on KJZZ 88.1fm. In the garage with beer and sawdust because here is where the antenna is. Also the famous Allison nipple tweeters are smooth like honey.

Earlier in the thread I read that blues and jazz are cousins. Nope, blues is jazz’s daddy.

Back
Top Bottom