Today's INDIE Playlist

So much cross-pollination between indie and nineties alternative -

WBER 90.5 FM - Monroe Community College - Brighton NY

The 90's vibe is largely due to the song coming out in 1996. It's a pretty good album, too. They were clearly listening to a lot of Sonic Youth when they made it.

The 90's vibe is largely due to the song coming out in 1996. It's a pretty good album, too. They were clearly listening to a lot of Sonic Youth when they made it.
I saw that when I looked it up :oops:- I was just making an excuse for posting something from the 1990's after I heard it on the radio. I was thinking a cross between Weezer and -

Lit - Miserable

Last edited:
Leaping across the 1990's. And the 1980's. To mid 1970's NYC and the streets of Mink DeVille -

The Yolks - I Want Your Number

WITR 89.7 FM - Rochester Institute of Technology - Henrietta NY

Last edited:
Hand Habits - What's The Use

WZBT 91.1 FM - Gettysburg College - Gettysburg PA

Last edited:
I used to play this on a steel ship (just missed the era when ships were made of wood, and men were made of steel). Tube Music Man amp. Peavey guitar. Decent Jim Morrison tone and inflection. I wonder how many of today's teens know this is a Doors song?

The HotRats - The Crystal Ship

WZBT 91.1 FM - Gettysburg College - Gettysburgh PA

Last edited:
According to the latest pdf (over two months old) this band has been posted before - but not this tune.

Wolf People - Night Witch

WZBT 91.1 FM - Gettysburg College - Gettysburgh PA

Last edited:
I got this poor man's car battery house power backup "system" and I was measuring the current draw on all my gear. So to "stress" my modem and my streaming PC I played a Growlers video. And then I forgot it was a video and thought WUOG Athens GA was doing a Growlers Marathon. I'm hearing all these Growlers songs - but that was because on that machine YouTube was defaulted to AutoPlay so it was just going through a playlist. At any rate - this came across the wires ...

The Growlers - Monotonia

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom