Today's JAZZ playlist

01. When Sunny Gets Blue 02. Billy's Blue 03. Stella by Starlight 04. Lil Rousin' 05. (There Is) No Greater Love 06. Quarter Moon 07. I Should Care 08. Rouse's Point 09. You Don't Know What Love Is

Personnel : Charlie Rouse - tenor saxophone Billy Gardner - piano Peck Morrison - bass Dave Bailey - drums Gildo Mahones - piano Reggie Workman - bass Art Taylor - drums

WKCR? I still love FM Radio. Obviously, from all my streaming posts. Or was it XM Radio's "Real Jazz" channel?

Yeah, it was WKCR. I had never heard those recordings of Ben with The Ravens. I don't really know the work of the Ravens. I love that style of music but I've never devoted myself to really picking up stuff in that genre. I may have to do something about that!

Ben's solo on "Poutin" really blew me away too. They played a couple of cuts from that record he did with Johnny Richards. I liked the arrangements but didn't dig the flute or whatever that instrument was that was added to them. But I don't think it was there on "Poutin". There was enough of Ben to overlook the flute.

MI0001921982.jpg

Herbie Mann - (1962) - Brazil, Bossa Nova & Blues
Herbie Mann - (1963) - Live At Newport
Herbie Mann - (1964) - At The Village Gate
Herbie Mann - (1969) - Memphis Underground
Herbie Mann - (1974) - London Underground
Herbie Mann - (1967) - Glory of Love
Herbie Mann - (1963) - Do the Bossa Nova with Herbie Mann
Herbie Mann - (1966) - Our Mann Flute

B&o 8002 w/ MMC1, Empire 698, Technics SL150 MK2, w/ Jelco 750e, Empire 698 w/ Audio Technica 440 MLB, Definitive Technology Bp7000sc Definitive Technology C/L/R 3000, SVS SB16 Ultra x2, SVS Prime Elevation, Integra DTR 8.4, Carver 4.0t

Attachments

• cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Cover.jpg
    Cover.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 2
  • cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 2
  • cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 2
  • cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 2
  • herbie - glory.jpg
    herbie - glory.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Do-The-Bossa-Nova-cover.jpg.png
    Do-The-Bossa-Nova-cover.jpg.png
    253.9 KB · Views: 2
  • folder.jpg
    folder.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Thanks Chicks. Don't know this European Mag. I will check it out and consider it. can't have too many Jazz periodicals, IMO. I subscribe to three. Downbeat, Jazz Times and one other. My favorite.

My favorite stateside Mag is actually Jazziz Magazine @ www.jazziz.com
Only a quarterly mag, so they have time to really do excellent work. Beautiful artwork (much of it full bleed) and a good online portal for monthly mini-mags. They also do decent free Jazz CDs sent with the subscription publications every quarter.

Back
Top Bottom