Todays METAL playlist

Scorpions are a good band. Everybody likes "rock you like a hurricane" so much. Im gonna put on some Anthrax now man, caught in a mosh. Mabye some Pantera soon...

The Scorpions have a new song that's been played on the radio lately. I haven't heard it but my best friend has and he said it rocks.

Saw Dream Theater last night outdoors in Austin, TX. Now, THAT was a good concert. Those guys are some talented musicians. Just my $.02, though.

Entombed - Same Difference. ONE OF THE MOST UNDERRATED AND OVERLOOKED METAL ALBUMS OF ALL TIME!! I'd almost give my left nut to be able to sing like L.G. Petrov.....

I shoulda have picked up the helloween tapes I saw today for sale at the local record shop. The guy has like 4 or 5 tapes I think. I picked up two megadeth albums today from there on tape... Killing is my business... and Peace sells, but whos buyin. The first is the orig. unedited one. I think Im gonna throw on Mechanix

Figures, everybody in these older bands are dying these days... All my bands are old dudes now! Middle aged at least!

Figures, everybody in these older bands are dying these days... All my bands are old dudes now! Middle aged at least!

But Rush and Iron Maiden (to mention two I know well off the top of my head) are still rocking harder than ever the past few years, whether on studio albums or live! :rockon:

Yeah I know! I missed Rush when they came through town... But I got to hear all about it from my friend who went. Said it was a great show! I think it is great that Rush is still putting out new material. Speaking of Iron Maiden, mabye I will put on Number of The beast! 666!!!!

Rush's new album is one of my favorites, if not my favorite, and they have been my #1 band since I was 14 (I'm 30 now) and I've had all of their albums since I was 15 and have gotten every new one that came out on the day it came out (including live cd's and dvd's).

I've seen them live 5 times (on the 24th of this month it will be the sixth) and the last two times I saw them were the best. Also, their last two live cd/dvd releases I consider their best: Rush In Rio and R30 (their 30th anniversary concert). So I think that in their early 50's they are playing better live than ever before (of course I can only judge by past live album releases before '94 when I first saw them) and their latest album is among their best, if not their best ever.

With Iron Maiden I have never gotten to see them live and don't have all of their live albums, but I've had all of their studio albums for awhile now (I got into them later for some reason, like my mid-20's) and their latest album I feel is also either among their best or even their best ever.

These bands (and others) are proving you can still rock (or "metal" lol) even when you're a "dinosaur". They put to shame many younger bands, that's for sure.

If you get a chance to see Rush (if you haven't yet), do it. I wish Maiden came to more US cities this last tour, and I was dumb enough to miss them when they came to my town with OzFest a few years back, so I've never seen them.

Now back to the topic of this thread:

Metalica: Ride the Lightening

I saw Iron Maiden back in "the day" (lol). They were definitely a fun band to see live with "Eddie" and the wild stage shows. Bruce Dickinson was top notch as a singer back then although I haven't seen him in the last 10 years to say how he is now. The first time I saw Rush was on the 2112 tour back in 1976 when I was 10 years old. It was the second concert I ever went to...KISS being the first on the Destroyer tour. The Moving Pictures tour was probably my favorite of the Rush tours. I can't even count how many concerts I've been to but it's a lot less in the last 10 years. Now, from 10 years old to 30, there were a great many. It was all we seemed to do. It was great with concert tickets being $10 to $15 or so and a "jersey" shirt was about the same.

Currently playing.....Dream Theater - Octavarium

I saw Iron Maiden back in "the day" (lol). They were definitely a fun band to see live with "Eddie" and the wild stage shows. Bruce Dickinson was top notch as a singer back then although I haven't seen him in the last 10 years to say how he is now. The first time I saw Rush was on the 2112 tour back in 1976 when I was 10 years old. It was the second concert I ever went to...KISS being the first on the Destroyer tour. The Moving Pictures tour was probably my favorite of the Rush tours. I can't even count how many concerts I've been to but it's a lot less in the last 10 years. Now, from 10 years old to 30, there were a great many. It was all we seemed to do. It was great with concert tickets being $10 to $15 or so and a "jersey" shirt was about the same.

Currently playing.....Dream Theater - Octavarium

Oh you lucky bastard! :D

I was born about 20 years to late! I would have loved to see all the great classic rock and metal bands live during their great years, from the early 70's to late 80's, that seems to have been the glory years of live rock and metal concerts (and rock overall, it's been mostly dead imo since the mid 90's after grunge and alternative died).

I will definitely see Rush every chance I get until they pack it in, and I'm even considering going to see them in another city on this tour (but that cost $$$). Here's a recent short review of a concert (this Monday's in Salt Lake City) from their current tour that may explain why (spoiler alert!) :

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,695198560,00.html

PS: I saw Dream Theater on their Train of Thought tour and even though I'm only a lukewarm fan (gf made me go :D) they were fantastic.

And back on topic:

Black Sabbath: Volume 4

Back
Top Bottom