Today's Reggae Play List

Alpha Blondy and the Wailers...Jerusalem

Jimmy Cliff...Special

Israel Vibration...Alpha Kaya

i've been listening to Bob Marley forever. I listen to xm101 'the joint' (reggae)on my way to work everyday. it helps to keep the road rage in check.
must be gettin old, cause even the old reggae music on xm101 sounds good to me. :music:

Recently picked up a new Simply Vinyl release "Reggae Greats Lee 'Scratch' Perry". Contains one of my all time favorites, "Police and Thieves" by Junior Murvin. Also love the "Rockers" OST (Junior appears on that one too) with "Money Worries" and the great aforementioned "Stepping Razor".

Culture Two Sevens Clash
Toots & the Maytals Pass the Pipe

This last one is my favorite by Toots, and is now OOP and quite hard to find for a good price. If you ever see it used, grab it. If you don't like it you can flip it on half.com or Amazon for a tidy profit.

thanks for the suggestion, riverrat. i love funky kingston and that's the only thing i've heard . .

thanks for the suggestion, riverrat. i love funky kingston and that's the only thing i've heard . .

The 2CD anthology Time Tough is another one to look for. Each CD is ~70 minutes and I just saw the set for about $14 used on Amazon. Comes with a nice booklet with a lot of history too...

Edi Fitzroy First Class Citizen

The main reason to buy this CD compilation is that it includes most of the tracks from Edi's classic LP Youthman Penitentiary which was never issued on CD.

If any of you vinyl heads ever see that one used, grab it.

On another matter, I am interested in hearing from people familiar with Lee "Scratch" Perry's work. Where should I start with him?

Edi Fitzroy First Class Citizen

The main reason to buy this CD compilation is that it includes most of the tracks from Edi's classic LP Youthman Penitentiary which was never issued on CD.

If any of you vinyl heads ever see that one used, grab it.

On another matter, I am interested in hearing from people familiar with Lee "Scratch" Perry's work. Where should I start with him?

there is a 3cd comp. (Arkology, named for his black ark recording studio) which includes both his music and his production. i prefer him as a producer (esp. the late 60's/early 70's stuff w/ marley). though i do have roast fish and collie weed on my wishlist.

he also produced junior murvin's police & thieves, which is great.

Back
Top Bottom