Today's Reggae Play List

trenctown.jpg

Bob Marley and the Wailers - Trenchtown Rock, The anthology 1969 - 1978
Trojan CD 2002

Easy falsetto, backed by some tuff rhythms. Cornell Cambell was highly influenced by the great Curtis Mayfield.

Last edited:
After dinner this evening, I built a quick playlist of some fave Marley tracks, e.g. stuff off of "Live", "Confrontation" (Blackman Redemption) and "Kaya". Not very creative, but it got my 2-year old daughter up and movin...

reggaenaut and cicero: suggest me some stuff in the vein of Lee Perry's Arkology please!

After dinner this evening, I built a quick playlist of some fave Marley tracks, e.g. stuff off of "Live", "Confrontation" (Blackman Redemption) and "Kaya". Not very creative, but it got my 2-year old daughter up and movin...

reggaenaut and cicero: suggest me some stuff in the vein of Lee Perry's Arkology please!

hey riverrat, i sent you an email about your question on my opinion on black heart man and two sevens clash. i didn't see your post until years later. did you get it? if not: i don't love either of them, but i do like them. culture is better, but the production is too smooth for the toughness of the material. bunny wailer's lyrics/delivery are not convincing.

cool that your daughter danced to marley. i talked to a good friend of mine in ohio over the weekend. i'd given him my kenwood tube receiver and wharfedale speakers. then he and his wife had children, so he didn't get to use them much.
but now that his oldest is older, he's been taking her down to the basement where my old stuff is and playing records for her. guess she likes to jump around to the 13th floor elevators.

as for suggestions on things similar to arkology . . . reggaenaut will probably be better than i, but
uh, actually, let me get back to you on this. sorry, i can't think of anything!

Hello my friend riverrat; nice to hear from you.

A great anthology from a prolific producer.

Reggae Anthology: JOE GIBBS: Scorchers From The Mighty Two

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom