Vinyl only spin list

I do not know the Egypt Station album.The like is for the 1209. I had one once. I remember always checking the disc size switch before starting. Somehow it always got itself into the 10" position. Gremlins I guess. I almost always played 12" discs so no stylus catastrophes. But I was always annoyed when it starting playing a couple of cuts in.

Unofficial, yes, i.e. not sanctioned by the band or label, but put out by the Soviet Ministry of Culture. I think that was about as official as it got back during the Cold War. You send me a better picture of the back cover and I'll let you know what Andrey Gavrilov had to say about it (name in the bottom right corner). It's kind of what I do and this is at least fun stuff.

I was looking for something to listen to. I'll take that.

Edit: The cover may look like it's been down 3 miles of bad road, but the vinyl sounds really good, if a little crackly on the first 2 tracks.

46588030525_1343ce2f24_b.jpg
Too funny. :D That's exactly what I just put on only the German pressing in slightly beeter condition.
20190330_224300.jpg 20190330_224312.jpg
20190330_224146.jpg

I do not know the Egypt Station album.The like is for the 1209. I had one once. I remember always checking the disc size switch before starting. Somehow it always got itself into the 10" position. Gremlins I guess. I almost always played 12" discs so no stylus catastrophes. But I was always annoyed when it starting playing a couple of cuts in.

First time spin for me on the McCartney. So far it's enjoyable. I found the Dual a few weeks ago with the Pickering XV-15 installed in the sled. Very impressed with this little gal. I'd love to someday move up the chain. No accidental bumps for disc size, yet.

MIC

Cool to see this one posted! John stepped outside the box on this one.
I'm a big John Mayall fan having collected 23 of his recordings on vinyl so far. This one has been very elusive (besides the CD) until a couple of years ago and at that I've only been able to come across the 1974 Mexican pressing with a typo on the label calling the record "Dare Wires" :rflmao:To boot, they made the record sleeve just slightly smaller so a normal inner sleeve doesn't quite fit.
View attachment 1465078 View attachment 1465079 View attachment 1465081

Great album . . . "Dare Wires". :)

Unofficial, yes, i.e. not sanctioned by the band or label, but put out by the Soviet Ministry of Culture. I think that was about as official as it got back during the Cold War. You send me a better picture of the back cover and I'll let you know what Andrey Gavrilov had to say about it (name in the bottom right corner). It's kind of what I do and this is at least fun stuff.
Couple of wobbly pops this evening, will send some clearer back pic of the Zeppelin cover once the hand is steadier. Very curious to know what is said since my Cyrillic reading skills are non existent.

That's me too. And yet--how often I think of one I must play eg. the other night it was a Groundhogs album. IT WAS NOT THERE! All the other Grounhogs albums were but not the one I wanted. I found it later in some random place, not "G". I must have had a glass too many of Cabernet the last time I played it.
....I as well. Alphabetical, chronological and in protective plastic sleeves. I've misplaced records in this same fashion it seems:idea:

I'm a big John Mayall fan having collected 23 of his recordings on vinyl so far.
I don't think I have that many (maybe, counting a few CDs) I have my original 1968 copy of BW. Have seen him live twice. Once in a large blues festival and once in a small venue. I have just bought one of his latest "Talk about that" has Joe Walsh guesting on it. 2017 released.Very good.

Back
Top Bottom