Vinyl only spin list

I don't think I have that many (maybe, counting a few CDs) I have my original 1968 copy of BW. Have seen him live twice. Once in a large blues festival and once in a small venue. I have just bought one of his latest "Talk about that" has Joe Walsh guesting on it. 2017 released.Very good.
I have only had the opportunity to see him once in approx. '86 - '87 (free). Solo and on acoustic guitar. Just moved to Ottawa for college and he was playing in a park at a music festival about 7 or 8 blocks away from where I was living at the time. While I was a full blown Metalhead at the time, I wasn't too daft to know that someone of historical significance was playing. Rode my bike down, and sat on the grass in front of the amphitheater in the afternoon and took it all in. The setup was the amphitheater, an approx. 50'X30' pond in front of the stage and then parkland. Vague memory probably 100 people there??? While only acoustic, it still made an impact on me as my collection might attest to today.

Mornin' all!

Leopold01_zpslvyxe9ag.jpeg

Mozart
Betulia Liberata
-Lumen-

IMG_1290_zpseknwvbce.jpg

Cheers!
IMG_0621_zpsujkszsbi.jpg

Thanks Waynec, I'm not at all OCD about my records and what pressing it is or where it's from. As long as it sounds good on the table I'm happy. What I am anal about is when I put them away they MUST be in alphabetical order.
clip_image001.png
My wife has called me many times though, an anal retentive bastard, which I guess I am about certain things.

As a long time math nut and computer nerd, I am definitely OCD, which allows more options than anal retentive. The problem with alphabetical order is that if you get a new album, you have to make it fit where it is already crowded and then you have to move everything following it to squeeze it in. But then you have to spend an hour or so rearranging it all neatly, even the ones prior to it that you thought were perfectly alright but now they do not look that way.

My system was to simply put a sticker on a new album with the next sequential 4 digit number for albums and T and a 3 digit number for tapes and put the new album or tape at the end of its area. (Albums and tapes in different cabinets.) Everything went into wire holders that separated each album. Relevant information then went into the 'database', really just a sequential file, with number, artist, title. Leading 'the', 'a', 'an' were omitted from names for simplicity. This file got sorted three ways and each one printed. One was in numeric order, a simple inventory that could tell me what did not get put away. The second was album name order. The third was artist and album name order. As OCD as anything but still easy to deal with, especially when in other than – ahem – normal mental condition. :)

That's me too. And yet--how often I think of one I must play eg. the other night it was a Groundhogs album. IT WAS NOT THERE! All the other Grounhogs albums were but not the one I wanted. I found it later in some random place, not "G". I must have had a glass too many of Cabernet the last time I played it.
I have that same problem once in a while, like last week I wanted to play Huey Lewis and the News Sports and I know I've had more than one copy over the years. I looked in L, H, and N and it's nowhere to be found. I'll probably find it somewhere filed wrong because of a few to many cold ones ect.

I have that same problem once in a while, like last week I wanted to play Huey Lewis and the News Sports and I know I've had more than one copy over the years. I looked in L, H, and N and it's nowhere to be found. I'll probably find it somewhere filed wrong because of a few to many cold ones ect.

Best method that I have found to find a missing LP....is to buy another. It always shows up then!!!!
:rant:

Best method that I have found to find a missing LP....is to buy another. It always shows up then!!!!
:rant:

I have several things that have "gone missing." The truth is, I probably traded or sold them once upon a time. I'm still catching up on things that I regret doing that with. And then when I get them back, I smother them with hugs and kisses and promise never to leave them again. ;)

Back
Top Bottom