Wharfedale Universal Mounting Base Model B67

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
In my search for Wharedale documentation I found this. The price is currently way to high but the pertinent info can be derived from this screen shot. This stand works with the W50D, W60D, and the W90D. This stand would also work with the W60E. Measure your speakers front to back, with this measurement you can also get the leg height. You can then derive the length of the cross piece.

F446B303-2DFE-4D80-8238-23CF5A867AFD.jpeg .

Last edited:
Does somebody have the exact measurements of these stands?
Since the originals are made of unobtainium it is probably a fun project to make at home from some proper walnut or lookalike.

Sorry i didnt explain "how" i made them as you were asking for plans.

I used 3/4x1 1/2 stock from local big box hardware store and a 3/8 dowel.

Some 2x2 (really 1 1/2 x 1 1/2) for the legs. You can use the same size for the legs as the flat piece that the dowel goes into. I started with a 10deg rise but was to much.
Drilled holes for dowels and glued'em im.
They can be made for any speaker since they are based on the actual depth and width of the bottom of speaker. I used some scrap metal screwed to the back of the base so they dont slip off.

You dont need to glue the dowel. The speaker weight holds it all together.

They are as simple to make as they look and very sturdy.

The original Wharfedal B67 stands have a dowel that you'd trim to length needed and they stab thru sides of leg braces with a screw to sinch the dowel made in the bottom of the leg cross braces. Also had aluminum 90 degree angle metal mounted over the rear legs to hold the speakers from sliding backward. Tops of legs and cross braces where covers with felt. I can't see how the legs attach to the cross braces? They don't have surface screws thru the fronts of the legs, possibly double doweled with bottom angled screws thru the cross braces?? I'd love to see an original set without speakers mounted to measure and examine!

The original Wharfedal B67 stands have a dowel that you'd trim to length needed and they stab thru sides of leg braces with a screw to sinch the dowel made in the bottom of the leg cross braces. Also had aluminum 90 degree angle metal mounted over the rear legs to hold the speakers from sliding backward. Tops of legs and cross braces where covers with felt. I can't see how the legs attach to the cross braces? They don't have surface screws thru the fronts of the legs, possibly double doweled with bottom angled screws thru the cross braces?? I'd love to see an original set without speakers mounted to measure and examine!
There has been quite a bit of discussion over the years hear on Audiokarma about these stands I suggest doing a search on this forum. As I recall several people have built them.

1065153-ab885d28-factory-original-wharfedale-w70-speaker-stands.jpg
1065152-21e1947a-factory-original-wharfedale-w70-speaker-stands.jpg

Last edited:
The only thing is no one has any idea what holds the 4 tapered legs to the cross bases? Again I'm guessing the legs have double dowels attaching them to the cross braces? I think that would be a good hidden method to attach to the braces and keeping the legs from twisting at the contact points. I think I'll also angle drill a screw thru the brace bottoms into the legs??

I haven’t posted in a while I have a set in Crowley if you wanna take a road trip i can meet you and you can look at mine.

I just need to know how the front and rear legs attach to the braces that have felt glued over the top surfaces where the speaker bottoms sit. I need to see a photo of the legs upside down with the legs pointing up. I'm thinking the legs have dowels drilled into their top edge where they intersect with the brace pieces and possibly angled screws drilled thru the bottoms of braces into the legs (front & rear) along with dowels in the joints? The felt glued over the tops of the braces and leg tops makes it impossible to know if angled screws are drilled in the tops? The cross dowel that goes across from left leg brace to right leg brace is trimmed to width of speakers it's used on and the dowels stab into a center drilled hole in the sides of the leg braces between the front and rear legs which has a set screw to tighten against the dowel to hold it together.

If someone has an original B-67 stand set, I'd like to ask if you could feel under the side braces near the front and rear legs to see if there are angle screws drilled toward the leg joints? Only photos I've seen including the Wharfedale brochures which I have, don't show the bottoms of the braces between the front & rear legs.

I haven’t posted in a while I have a set in Crowley if you wanna take a road trip i can meet you and you can look at mine.
I'd really like to come to Crowley to see your stands! Please let me know if this offer to inspect your B-67 stands is still open? Thanks, Jimi

There has been quite a bit of discussion over the years hear on Audiokarma about these stands I suggest doing a search on this forum. As I recall several people have built them.

View attachment 2900982
View attachment 2900983
I've tried many times to search here but it always comes back with no results? I also wrote to Canuck Audio Mart asking about the stands in your photos but never got any responce? These stands are rarer than "hens teeth"!

Back
Top Bottom