What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

our tv or the line broke sometime in the early-mid 70s. at one point was reading a book a night from school library. only too late did i realize i could have been reading good classics instead of wasting my time on drivel like the hardy boys. its taking me years to catch up.

On further reflection, look at our generation that grew up with Rocky and Bulwinkle, Looney Toons , really geared for adult intellect and black and white shorts and TV dramas on weekend mornings compared to the garbage this generation passes for good entertainment ( kill, kill or kill, fart noise etc), and the educational value has no comparisons...Aesops Fables, Boris and Natasha, Dudley Do Right, Roadrunner etc.
All had subliminal and overt messages that always erre'd to education of the events of the world, and or stick to-itiveness values....
Oh God, I'm ranting again.....abort...

Tax story of the day. New client - So i review previous return from H & R Block. He has a woman listed last year as a "dependent" and filed "Head of Household" This year on our log in sheet he has her under "spouse". I get confused as she has same last name as he. So I call him and he states they are not legally married but are "married in their hearts". OK, I get it, she is disabled on social security, he provides over 50% of her support so it is legal to claim her as a dependent. My question is though "why does she have the same non common last name as he if not married" I was going to call and ask him that but the CPA / owner stated "may want to leave that one alone as it might be one of those "West Virginia Unions" ". I was baffled, so I asked " you mean a cousin or sister? " He walked away smiling. I left it alone, didn't call him and moved on to the next return.............

Tax story of the day. New client - So i review previous return from H & R Block. He has a woman listed last year as a "dependent" and filed "Head of Household" This year on our log in sheet he has her under "spouse". I get confused as she has same last name as he. So I call him and he states they are not legally married but are "married in their hearts". OK, I get it, she is disabled on social security, he provides over 50% of her support so it is legal to claim her as a dependent. My question is though "why does she have the same non common last name as he if not married" I was going to call and ask him that but the CPA / owner stated "may want to leave that one alone as it might be one of those "West Virginia Unions" ". I was baffled, so I asked " you mean a cousin or sister? " He walked away smiling. I left it alone, didn't call him and moved on to the next return.............

48CFDF89-C77F-4D98-B388-D24FA95AA08C.jpeg

????

GJ

My local news channel WVVA (West Virginia / Virginia ) promotes local musical talent. Every friday they have a local artist play about 3 to 4 songs live during the 05:30AM to 07:00AM Morning local news. There are some serious bluegrass pickers in this neck of the woods. I get up @ 05:30AM daily so I really love friday's. I live alone, so I fire up the system and let it rip with the locals. Great stuff usually.

Back
Top Bottom