What brand is your main receiver?

What brand is your main receiver/amp?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alexkerhead

To High For Infinity
What brand is your main receiver

Please check the box complying with your amp/receiver's brand. If it is different, don't whine like a baby, just click other and don't think twice about it.
Only babies ask where there brand is. :yes:
I cannot use more than 10 brands, so don't give a care if yours isn't in there.

107 receivers and you want me to narrow it down to one?! Even if you seperate it up by brand name I've still got lots to choose from... So I thought about it, if I had to do without it all except for one it would be the Fisher RS-1060 or 1080 that I would keep.

Who am I kidding I'm not getting rid of any of them. :D

Robisme said:
Can I vote three times? I use a Sansui AU719, my son has a Sansui 4000, and my daughter has an AU-G99X. :yes:

Rob
Do they post here?
If so, let them vote with their accounts :thmbsp:

My Marantzt 2252b is probably my main, but my most would be the three Pioneers; SX 535, 737, 3700.
Ed

Since my main system is componets, I had to go for McIntosh. If the question had stayed with the original as to receiver, I'd be hard pressed between my Sony and Philips. Maybe a question as to what is the main system should be asked, i.e. receiver, integrated amp or separates. From it then the receiver question and a separate amp question.

Come on LV, now nobody will see it.
I didn't even know this section existed until you moved my thread.. :tears:

Maybe you should look around AK a little more. You never know what you'll find, until you do.

As for finding your poll, it shows up, just like every other thread, when you click on "New Posts".

luvvinvinyl said:
Maybe you should look around AK a little more. You never know what you'll find, until you do.

As for finding your poll, it shows up, just like every other thread, when you click on "New Posts".
I see, I guess I didn't know because I have never used the new posts button. I usually scrounge through them manually. I am still used to old Bulletin board websites. I used vbulletin 1.x for a long time before I moved to vbulletin 3.6.

Good news is, Marantz is ahead of everyone else by a good bit, but could still change....We shall see.

Right now Marantz 2220, subject to change at anytime, for any reason!

I like good sound, the brand, to me, has little to do with good or bad. Brands have both good and bad products under their banner. Brands may have a specific sound but that is, usually, neither good or bad.

I have Sony, Lafayette, Yamaha, Pioneer and Adcom amp/receivers availible to achieve the goal of good sound and I am always looking!

Pioneer SX-950 gets the most use. Only because it is in the Mancave next to the computer.

My Mainest unit is the Yamaha R-9 once it is reset up, though the Marantz 2325 is pulling home theater duty in the front room, so I suppose it is the main. This question is too darn hard and you don't even have Denon on the list. Whine, Whine, Whine. :D

A Yamaha CR-1020 is on display in our family room because of its elegance. The Sony STR-7065 I like nearly as much, but is currently out of rotation in the mancave as separates are in use now. Other receivers have come and gone but the two I have I'm keeping.

I agree with whyaskit who earlier posted that any of the major receiver brands from the golden era are going to sound good. They all have their particular allure.

Other, and this changes frequently, my main amp is a Sunfire, secondary room is a Yamaha CR-800, patio room is a Kenwood KA-5700, living room is a Fisher 400, bedroom is a Carver MXR-130, and at work is a Pioneer SX-7730, which is soon to be shipped to a fellow AKer, to be replaced by a Marantz 2215B.

Edit 9/4: secondary room now has Adcom GFA-545II with Parasound P/LD-1500 pre.

Well my main "receivers" are "Kenwood KR-9600's & Pioneer SX-1250 - SX-1050" I never run my stereo with only one running, but it's always a combo of those two.

What is my "main" unit can change literally with the time of the day. Currently it is a Concept 5.5, and it will likely stay that way for some while if I do not find any more reliability problems with it.

My most used, on the other hand, and my reference piece, is a pair of Kenwood L-07M's.

With come new acquisitions due in next week, though, it is likely to change.

I voted Marantz because I wanted to see the results. I like to rotate receivers and amps because I like the variety. Wish there was a selection for that.

Back
Top Bottom