What Hi Fi Sound And Vision (uk Mag)

Nightcleaner

I read it . Standing in my my local supermarket I shop 3 times a week and gradually get through it. Wondering how many others do this. I only purchase it if it reviewing something I already own. Which may sound a bit crazy. But each to his or her own.

I read it . Standing in my my local supermarket I shop 3 times a week and gradually get through it. Wondering how many others do this. I only purchase it if it reviewing something I already own. Which may sound a bit crazy. But each to his or her own.
i did that years ago in an International Magazine store...i read all the magazines (audio related) ,my all time favorite was the British magazine Audiophile ( now long gone) L J Setright being one of my favorite writers...also the old HI-FI World was a good magazine...today most of the US magazines tend to focus too much on high price gear & the writers are mostly boring...

I kept a UK sound and vision what hi fi magazine , For reference i do not know why. i picked it up for something to read. I forgot momentarily why I never read it, Just winds me up
the words Budget - Price point - all those awful cliche words and terminology drives me absolutely livid. I know i should not let it. I remember reading an article about a bit of Hi Fi furniture and the wool being pulled over my eyes. But it happens in all these magazines I am sure. Why do they pull the wool over peoples eyes with such BS i never know

Anyone remember what Hi fi in the 1980s and the Musical Fidelity Adds were in abundance. They stopped Dead and WHF did not review anymore MF products . What happened there anyone
know? Marantz always had the inside cover page it seemed like forever.

I was in the library today ;) my local "WH smiths" Thumbing through a lot of modern Railway magazines. also something I like and never buy. But read a plenty, Saw lots of Hi Fi Mags But resisted.

I was livid I picked up two hi fi magazines I had to put down Was Hi fi choice and the other one Why? Terminology

Flagship this flagship that this is our flagship Amp grrrrrrrrrrr Bloody grrrrrrrrr

If a bit of Hi fi equipment say £2000 be being reviewed Would they say "Its not bad for this price point"

oh my where does it end

If a bit of Hi fi equipment say £2000 be being reviewed Would they say "Its not bad for this price point"
I've been reading audio magazines since the mid 60's. They have truly evolved. Back then it was strictly the specs on everything regardless of price. But then in the early 80's YOU BRITTS changed everything and started a world wide audio cult that came with a bunch of new terminology. 'The Source', 'PRaT,' 'interconnects' and a whole lot of other BS. This is great marketing and it spawned a whole bunch of cottage audio industries; small volumes at ridiculous prices. Your Naim was one of them.

I was a long time Stereophile and The Absolute Sound subscriber. I dropped them both in the last couple of years. Stereophile’s pages have shrunk drastically and TAS is somewhat of a joke editorially. I would read them once and then toss them out. Frankly, I don’t miss either magazine these days.

I confess I still read them, In store : i'd only buy one that gives a good review of something i already own . But i do not do that anymore
Magazines and books just cause clutter. anything I need to know I go on line. Sad or what.

I confess I still read them, In store : i'd only buy one that gives a good review of something i already own . But i do not do that anymore
Magazines and books just cause clutter. anything I need to know I go on line. Sad or what.
Not sad at all. A person can go online and get multiple reviews of an audio product.

Back
Top Bottom