Which SET amp with K-Horns 45 or 300B

Discussion in 'The Klipsch Korner' started by playittwice, Feb 4, 2019.

1. playittwice

playittwice AK Subscriber Subscriber

These two amps have my curiosity piqued. They both get great reviews, which would be a good 'all-rounder' if thats possible. Listen to classic rock and newer country at moderate volume levels in a 15x15 room.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Coytee

Coytee Super Member

I had a Wright 2A3 (pair), Transcendent SE-OTL (pair), MC-30's (pair), Viva 300B SET, Quad II and a MC-2102 (which I realize doesn't meet your criteria)

Of all those amps, I personally felt the Transcendent SE-OTL, bridged at 4 watts and used as monoblocks had the nicest sound of all. My wife, who abhors anything with wires, cables and bigger than a bose cube ....and her SISTER who felt the same way.....both made unsolicited comments while the SE-OTL's played.....about how 'real' the system sounded. They never (ever) made unsolicited remarks about the system at any other time.... just happened that the OTL's were playing.

My gripe with the OTL's was their measly 4 watts. If I could have had them pushing 50 / 100 watts for those times you want to light it up and have the headroom, they would have been perfect for me.

Alas, I decided to sell all my tube amps and go solid state and put the difference of cash in my pocket.

3. Coytee

Coytee Super Member

I used to live in Sioux City....would I lie?!!

playittwice likes this.
  4. twiiii

twiiii Addicted Member

I don't. My favorite amp back in the day was a MC 225. Mc 75 my next choice.