Woodstock 50

loopstick

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Robert Plant AND Greta Van Zeppelin.

Woodstock-50-Poster-1553037094-640x852.jpg

I'd like to see 3 of the acts. I'd go see an additional 4 or 5. Festival line-ups almost never excite me (unless it's Levitation or Desert Daze).

I'd like to see Dead & Co. There are another half dozen or so that might pique my curiosity but probably not enough to endure the whole 2019 rock festival reboot thing.

I'd like to see 3 of the acts. I'd go see an additional 4 or 5. Festival line-ups almost never excite me (unless it's Levitation or Desert Daze).

The annual Wacken Festival in Deutschland, now entering its 29th year and to which I have been 2x (but have "recordings" from ~10-12), is usually darned good. But it's Metal, so no "hopstars" 'n' such. The '97 show was killer...Thrash and Gore galore.

I'd like to see Dead & Co.

Seen 'em twice. First show was high-energy with an excellent Scar>Fire. Second show started off well and then Bob Weir, as he is known to do, slowed things down and cratered the show. It never recovered.

Seen 'em twice. First show was high-energy with an excellent Scar>Fire. Second show started off well and then Bob Weir, as he is known to do, slowed things down and cratered the show. It never recovered.
Good to know. Too bad you can't tell which show you have tickets to ahead of time.

Good to know. Too bad you can't tell which show you have tickets to ahead of time.

To quote Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, "buy the ticket, take the ride."

I enjoyed the heck out of the people at the DeadCo shows. Spent lots of time during the set break swapping stories. Except for the barfing dude who passed out next to us. Mayer really "gets" the Dead vibe. Fun and talented guitarist. Definitely worth checking out in spite of the ever present Bob Weir risk.

iu

The annual Wacken Festival in Deutschland, now entering its 29th year and to which I have been 2x (but have "recordings" from ~10-12), is usually darned good. But it's Metal, so no "hopstars" 'n' such. The '97 show was killer...Thrash and Gore galore.

I watched a documentary on Wacken just last weekend. Very cool to see and hear knowing I'll never make it. I'm jealous. (It's on Tubi tv)

To quote Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, "buy the ticket, take the ride."

Mayer really "gets" the Dead vibe. Fun and talented guitarist. Definitely worth checking out in spite of the ever present Bob Weir risk.
This is my thinking exactly -- I love Mayer's playing and I'm a Deadhead since I was a kid, so how can you go wrong putting them together? Well, yes ... the Weir Factor.
Precisely - since I was more a fan of Jerry and the Band rather than Johnny B.Good Weir and friends, I have not paid to see them live since Jerry left us ...
I know, I know -- John Mayer is an admirable player, but Jerry Garcia? There is no substitute!

I thought Thumper said that in the movie, Bambi .

:D

guess I should live by that creed.

I just realize your avatar is BBT (slingblade) “Karl”

Fantastic acting job he did in that role, really an amazing work, directed it too. I’ve not watched it in years, have seen it many times. Great movie.

Back
Top Bottom