You Get The Last Word!

DNU... [Do Not Use]
Do you have a hot date?
Hi Marine0811! Keep on playing with us, mate! The rules of this 'game', are covered in the very first post [seen next] - we inherit the last word in the previous sentence, to use as our first word when composing the next 'epistle'...

I would like to thank Dr. Strangelove for his thread, "Odd, but not Peculiar," in which, I finally got it. I am a fierce competitor & was not going stop until I mastered it.

Also, thanks to those who made the Riddle & Quote Thread a nice one.

I will start the game with a sentence. The next one to post will use the last word in my sentence to make a sentence of their own.

In the instance two or more posts are entered at the same time & their last word does not coincide with the previous last word. The next person to post will use any of the last words they choose & continue.

Let's make this thread a fun one & keep it civil. If it does well, I will throw in some change ups to the way a sentence is to be contructed.

Remember, political, racist, and/or harmful rhetoric/graphics are never to be displayed here nor on the AK forum for that matter. Here are some general rules we are to abide by to keep the peace & civility of this thread in place.

In the case of the double-post, where two or more people have their sentences show up within 2-3 minutes of each other, the last poster's sentence will have their word used to start a new one.

Now, there have been several times different last words were used to start a sentence within the posting limit rule. The same rule applies here, so I will check the time stamp if there is an infraction. Again, we take the last official word from the poster within that time limit.

(I may increrase that limit to 2-5 minutes if need be.)

Multiple Periods are not to be used, period (pun)! :D

A punctuation mark such as a period ends a sentence, even if it is used in quotation marks.
This should never happen, but just in case.

If you want to string out a chain of thought use a colon, comma, or semicolon to denote it.

Exclamation & Question marks are to be enclosed in quotation marks if used before the end of the sentence. Brackets & Dashes are OK to use in the structure of a sentence, but a colon, comma, or semicolon is the general rule.

Abbreviations, numbers, & symbols are not to be used to end a sentence as a rule.

If you see an infraction such as using the multiple periods,
using an exclamation or question mark not enclosed in quotes,
unless it is at the end of the sentence, & using numerals
or symbols at the end of a sentence instead of a word
then by all means make a notice to the offending poster.

Ole "Teach" is putting in place a new rule that if you want to delete a sentence make a note with "DNU" or its form to let us know what last word was used so that we can assess the issue if there is an infraction.

Also, I am open to any suggestions you kiddies may deem a benefit this thread. Send me a PM if you have something that may help.

Nothing further,
Ole "Teach" Rome

Here is my sentence:
Friendships are sometimes lost, but never cast from our memory.

Rome

So, to continue from 'Dixie'...

...DNU [end of Do Not Use]

Dixie Chicks are an American music group composed of founding members (and sisters) Martie Erwin Maguire and Emily Erwin Robison, and lead singer Natalie Maines - they are really cool.

Cheers, og

Back
Top Bottom