Your Favorite Jazz Artists... You may vote multiple times

Favorite Jazz performer/performers- vote for one or many

• Total voters

thedelihaus

Nocturnal transmissions
Impossible to cover in a 10 item or less poll, nonetheless hopefully we can get some good debate going, whether positive or negative comments about the artist/artists.

Feel free to vote multiple times, and feel free to bring up new names, overlooked stars, under-rated performers, obscure musicians, ect...

Many names were omitted- only due to constraints of the poll.

Interested to hear your favorites, why they are your favorites, tidbits, anecdotes, stories, history, ect...

:thmbsp:

Where's Dizzy? Fats Navarro? Chet Baker? Cannonball? Clifford Brown? Oscar Petersen? Count Basie? Duke?

You're so right -- can't put them all in!

It's hard to beat Peterson at jazz piano. And we can't forget GETZ. A man who was widely know in jazz circles as "The Sound" simply must be acknowledged.

This post asks for tidbits and Sun Ra is on the list. His longtime sax player is "Pat Patrick." His son (Deval Patrick) is the current governor of Massachusetts.

I know you can't add all the greats in such a short list. Joe Zawinul is my favorite, by miles (pun intended).

Rick

Suggest that to cover this well it should be broken down by instrument. Too many good trumpet players, and sax and drums and piano, etc., have been left out. Then there are vocals, female and male (ugh for male jazz vocals from me - only Satchmo was any good at this).

I like some of all of the above, but Miles, Cannonball and Blakey are probably my favs. I will also add Bud Shank to the list.

Back
Top Bottom