What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

rtfrtforever.jpg

Return to Forever
No, this is my No. 1 - how could I forget?

Thirty-nine years after I bought it on LP in '72,
I purchased this on CD. Live, with an appreciative
Austin audience, a great performance and recorded
very well. These two albums provide all the RTF
I want. The first is just great, while the live set does
a nice job of representing some of their best.

rtfaustin.png

Return to Forever
The Mothership Returns

Anytime I see mothership, I think George Clinton. Am I alone?

Last edited:
ECM recommendations: Besides Metheny and Jan Garbarek--Terje Rypdal, Jack DeJonette, Keith Jarrett, The Everyman Band, David Torn, Mark Isham, John Abercrombie, Bill Frissell, Dave Holland, Chick Corea, Charlie Haden, Ralph Towner, Egberto Gismonti, Eberhard Weber, Steve Swallow, Carla Bley, Gary Burton, Charles Lloyd, Nana Vasconcelos, Gary Peacock...

The label definitely has a sound all its own in Jazz-- somewhere between straight ahead, fusion, and avant garde (with a touch of "new age" before that term was forever polluted). It's sometimes challenging/adventurous music, but usually not tooo far "outside;" it really is its own genre (famous artists that have recorded for other labels and ECM, often sound different on ECM).

GJ
Good morning GJ: I vote that you change your screen name to "TheMusicEncyclopediaManGJ" :) as you seem to have endless detailed knowledge, your own internal database, of all genres of music :)

Cheers, :beerchug:
Blitz

Last edited:
Hi GSS61, you are the only other member that is posting as much MFSL Gold CD recordings as me, do you physically own all of these MFSL Gold CD's or are mostly FLAC rips? :) In either case, job well done! :thumbsup::thumbsup:. Have you considered becoming an subscriber with AK? At your rate, you will be quickly moving up the rank and file in here :) Your "like" count is quite impressive considering you've only been on AK since March 25th 2017, now at 3003 "likes" in just two months! You are cranking out some great music my friend! Where is your general location?
-Blitz
Good morning, Blitz! The vast majority of my music is in the form of digital audio files stored on hard drives... rips of CDs, SACDs, DVD-Audio, Blu-ray audio, HDtracks, etc.
I started collecting it that way years ago (since the late 90's) so I've managed to put together a sizable library - including many MFSL, DCC and Audio Fidelity remasters.
In my younger years I was in the car stereo business while being a performing musician (bass player) on the side, so music has always been an important part of my life.
This is a really great forum thread and I am happy so many folks here enjoy what I've shared... thank you!!

Last edited:
With a heavy heart. RIP Greg, you are already missed.
e54f619009a0c5cd6b5f7110-l.jpg

Back
Top Bottom