Search results

1. Grbluen

OK, I guess I'll bring it up!

Just in! Who's in line first? The new Metallica/ Pro-ject table!
  2. Grbluen

Where is the thread on Pro-Ject's new automatic turntable???

I saw the announcement this am. I know we've all been waiting for this!
  3. Grbluen

Testing tonearm bearings

Happy Easter everyone! I'm looking for some help with testing the bearings in my tonearms. I have a relatively new Jelco TK-850M. I think the specs are 30mg in both directions. I have floated the arm, and I'm getting significantly less in both directions. I know lower is better. Does anyone...
  4. Grbluen

Are expensive cartridges really worth it? V2

I tried resurrecting this thread during the weekend maintenance. I struggle with the idea of going to a nicer cartridge for my system. I only recognized a few names in the thread, so it may be interesting for some of our newer members...
  5. Grbluen

Sumiko Starling - A review

https://www.soundstageultra.com/index.php/equipment-menu/822-sumiko-reference-starling-moving-coil-phono-cartridge I have been waiting for a review! I hope the link works!
  6. Grbluen

Premotec 24 V motor upgrade

Hi All! A few years ago I replaced the motor on my VPI Scout to the Premotec 110V motor. I felt that the OEM motor had too much torque. I've lived with that upgrade for awhile, but now I'd like to try the 24v upgrade. My question is to the Rega users (I know we've chased most of those guys...
  7. Grbluen

New Sumiko cartridges! Who's gonna be first?

The Starling and Songbird look nice! http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/sumiko-announces-6-new-phono-cartridges/
  8. Grbluen

link to New vinyl record cleaner

Thought that would post the link to a thread here on AK... http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/vinyl-record-cleaner-cl-vrc-08-new-from-caig-of-deoxit-fame.820281/#post-11555608
  9. Grbluen

Soundgarden!

Has anyone ever heard Soundgarden be played on a player piano?
  10. Grbluen

$1000 gift card

I'm wondering if I'm the only one selected to win a gift card each day when visiting this site? I'm not usually that lucky!!
  11. Grbluen

Side B

Just made a tape of Donald Fagen's "Sunken Condos". Made the tape on a Nak 505 and it fit perfectly on side A of a 1985 D90. I don't bother taking it out of the deck, I just rewind and power down! I want to complete the tape and am curious what would you record on Side B? It doesn't have to be...
  12. Grbluen

Jelco SA370-H on a VPI Scout???

I finally got around to permanently mounting the 370 on the Scout. I've had it "tacked" in place for a few months. I purchased the upgraded mount from Ammonite Acoustics in the U.K., and it arrived yesterday. So, I came down with a terrible case of the "turntable flu". Pretty easy installation...
  13. Grbluen

CBS this morning - Going inside Jack White's Studio

This am.
  14. Grbluen

RSD 2017 Someone please tell...

... me something good about Resonance Records. I'm familiar with the backstory! Hopefully somebody has experience with the quality of their vinyl.
  15. Grbluen

Yamaha a-s2100 vs cr-1020

The A-S2100 has caught my eye. Do you there is really anything to be gained, or is this more of a sideways move? Thanks, Don
  16. Grbluen

Vinyl damaged by worn styli (formerly the whine... and cheese thread)

Just shelled out some major cash for some of the best looking vinyl I've seen. The covers immaculate. The sides shiny and unblemished. The estate palatial. I'm good right? Nope, first side with a hot section, obliterated! Who does this? I'm sorry for whining, but I don't think I've ever wrecked...
  17. Grbluen

Shinola Runwell - Michael Fremer visits Detroit

Pretty cool.
  18. Grbluen

ATN-14 from Jico

Ok, I've waited long enough. There really isn't a lot of feedback on this stylus from Jico, so I ordered one. The AT-13 is one of my favorite cartridges and the options have dried up! I'll give this one a long listen and report back.
  19. Grbluen

RVG

Rest in peace, Mr. Van Gelder!
  20. Grbluen

Salk Song 3 audition

Hi everyone, I'm going to audition the Song 3 speakers and I needed some help with material for the audition. I listen mostly to Jazz, Classical, and Classic Rock, so I need some selections of CDs or maybe vinyl the could help highlight the strengths and weaknesses of the speakers. For the...
  21. Grbluen

QR-65

Hey guys, What's a good price for a Sansui QR-65? Thanks!
  22. Grbluen

CR-1020 biasing?

Hi everyone, I have a cr-1020 that has suddenly developed an issue. For the past six months I've been using the receiver with no issues. I recently decided to add my sub-woofers using the c outputs. I've only used this configuration for a couple of days, but the balance seems to shifted. I'm...
  23. Grbluen

Stripping old tape

Hi guys, I've used the search with no luck, so I have to ask! What's the best way to strip unwanted tape from a 10"reel? I've stripped a 7" reel and I came away thinking there's got to be a better way! Would someone point me in the right direction?
  24. Grbluen

Sansui SP-1500 Restoration Rebuild

I think it's my first post in this forum. My apologies for the long post, but I've picked up a pair of Sansuis and they should sound nicer than they do. I've got some money burning a hole in my pocket. Anyone here interested in helping me create a super speaker out of these? My main speakers are...
  25. Grbluen

Teac 3300S vs Akai GX-635D

There's a Teac for sale in BT and I have a GX635D. I'm not totally thrilled with Akai's recording ability. Any real difference between the two? Thanks!
Back
Top Bottom