Search results

1. sc1801

Brand New McIntosh MA252 Scratched / QA

Hello all, I'm the proud new owner of a MA252 hybrid integrated and it sound magnificent. This is my first new McIntosh and I just had a quick question for the experts out there. Of course seeing how expensive as this amp was, I was concerned to see several random scratches and marks on...
  2. sc1801

Found a perfect solution for a turntable light

Hello everyone, I've been looking for a light to put over my turntable to get a look at the vinyl when I'm brushing the dust off. Rather than mount a light on the wall I used an old usb phone charger with a usb led light plugged into the switched power outlet on my McIntosh. Here are a few...
  3. sc1801

How old were you when you got your first McIntosh?

I watched an interesting interview online with Charlie Randall and he stated that McIntosh systems are typically purchased by people after their children have grown up and left the house. That leads me wonder how old most folks are when they get their first McIntosh. I'll start first...
  4. sc1801

Cornwall I's spotted on craigslist in Atlanta

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/ele/4329816781.html Looks like a clean pair of Cornwall's for anyone around Atlanta! I would be interested but I just bought a pair of Heresy III's.
  5. sc1801

MA6200 Suspected Volume Control Issue

Hello fellow AK'ers I recently made my first McIntosh purchase with a MA6200 integrated amp. I love the sound and the cosmetics of the unit I have are near mint condition. I'm having an issue though with what I suspect to be the volume control. At low volumes I get some static with one...
  6. sc1801

McIntosh pot question

Hello folks! I am the pround new owner of a MA6200 integrated amp and I have a quick question for everyone. The glass on my unit is cracked around the mode selector knob and I have also notice that this knob wobbles more than any of the other knobs on my unit. The pot seems to...
  7. sc1801

My first external DAC: Observations

Hello everyone, Today I picked up an Arcam rDac from a local AD that had it on clearance for $140 which is definitely a steal for this unit. Eager to hear all of my lossless files brought to life, I rushed home and plugged the rDac into my system. To my surprise, everything sound...
  8. sc1801

Trouble with new AS-500

Hello everyone! I have a dilemma that I need some help with. I have a 2 week old AS-500 amplifier and it sounds fantastic BUT it consistently is causing my right speaker to blow fuses. This only happens at loud volume levels (knob just past 12 o'clock and on pure direct mode) but I have...
  9. sc1801

Help! Worst living room ever!

Alright everyone, I'm clueless here. I moved into a new rental house a few months ago and I've pretty much given up on how to get any good sound in my living room. My living room basically only has 2 walls forming one corner and where 1 wall typically would stand opens up to a 10x12...
  10. sc1801

sc1801's Setup!

Hello everyone! I've been lurking around on AK for a while now and I figured it was time to show everyone what I'm listening to. Equipment list: Yamaha A-S500 Integrated Amp Pioneer SP-BS21 "Andrew Jones" bookshelf speakers Apple Airport Express I'll be picking up a pair of Klipsch Heresy...
  11. sc1801

New Heresy III Owner

Hello everyone! This is my first post here at AK and I thought I would report about a recent purchase I've made. I bought a pair of Heresy III (black ash finish) for $800. They are 6 months old and the cabinets were in fantastic shape. I've typically been a huge Cerwin Vega fan but these...
Back
Top Bottom