Search results

1. D

IRS Beta Servo Test?

Yes, bass will never be as good as it can be in this room. The bass towers are very sensitive to placement. Even a couple inches makes a difference. I'm still experimenting but I can't go much further into the room. I have very thick carpeting so I'm going to spike the speakers and put them...
  2. D

My new IRS Betas, and a few questions.

Thanks for the info, I just purchased a replacement EMIM but may try the diaphragm replacement in the future if needed. Is there a source for the material? I was one of the one first people to contact the seller and was told her late husband treated these better than anything else in his life...
  3. D

IRS Beta Servo Test?

Okay, it must be working as I just pulled the servo cables and the bass level increased dramatically and sounded boomy/bloated. So, I guess it is working but the push back and tap test don't prove much?
  4. D

IRS Beta Servo Test?

I'm going to first pull the control woofers and make sure they are hooked up properly. Does anyone have a pic of correct connections or a description?
  5. D

IRS Beta Servo Test?

Yes, the low frequency knob has an effect. I checked the cables, LED is on. The bass doesn't seem too accurate and sometimes uneven/sloppy, but I thought that could me room nodes, etc.
  6. D

IRS Beta Servo Test?

Tried this, no push back in either speaker. This makes sense, I thought the bass wasn't what I expected and thought it was my room. What's the next step to try to troubleshoot the issue?
  7. D

Are IRS Beta woofers swappable with Kappa 9?

I have a bad woofer in the Betas and also have a set of Kappa 9. Are the woofers compatible with one another?
  8. D

IRS Beta Servo Test?

Ok, I'm starting to think my new Beta's servo system isn't working. What is the best way to test it? The tap test seems to product the same results on or off.
  9. D

Thanks for the advice. Yes, there are traces hanging out of each rear tweeter. Is eBay the best source for replacement diaphragms? I purchased another EMIM assembly on ebay. It sounds like I have lots to learn.
  10. D

Thanks, I'll do that right now. The EMIM I just purchased I just realized has different lead spacing.
  11. D

I just found and bought an EMIM on eBay for $199, which doesn't seem bad. I guess it's time to start stock piling. Thanks for all the advice.
  12. D

I just picked up these one owner IRS Betas that are in fantastic condition. There isn't a nick or scuff to be found on any of the cabinets. They came in the original boxes and still have the original packaging, both sets of feet, Servo control, and all paperwork. The sound is beyond my...
  13. D

IRS Beta Serial Numbers

I'm picking up mint, one owner Beta's in a couple days and wanted to see if there was a way to reference year of manufacture based on a serial number. One of the mid/high tower's serial number is G020996. After a fair amount of looking, this number seems higher than a lot of other numbers and...
  14. D

Kappy 9a Binding Post Help

7.62, thanks for the offer, but this may be above my pay grade! I was able to make a fairly secure connection even though it is broken. At some point I'll probably upgrade both speakers to Cardas posts. Thanks again.
  15. D

Kappy 9a Binding Post Help

I recently purchased a nice pair of Kappa 9a's. I have to say, after recently owning (still owning) B&W 801 Nautilus, B&W 801 Series 2, and B&W 802 Series 2, the 9s are a breath of beautifully fresh, fun air. Where the BWs are mostly sterile and analytical, the 9s are perfectly musical with...
  16. D

B&W 801 Nautilus Price

Hello, I have found a pair of used B&W 801 Nautilus speaker speakers in pretty great shape. I'm not sure of year yet, but does anyone have any idea what a fair price would be? The seller is asking $2500. I have seen them go for much more and have also seen some sold just under $2000, so...
  17. D

Yamaha Tweeter for NS-1000M

Hello, I just picked up a pair of NS-1000M's for $50 bucks and one of the tweeters is blown. The model on it says JA-0513, but I'm seeing listings on ebay, etc, that say the JA-0520 works for it as well. Does anyone know if this is the case, or what the differences between the 2 are...
  18. D

Adcom GFA-555 speaker terminal help

Hello, I recently broke off one of the speaker terminal screws (the post that connects the base and screw broke) on an Adcom GFA-555. Does anyone know of some type of quick fix where I can still use the amp without replacing the terminal? Also, for long term usage, can anyone suggest...
  19. D

Biamp Question

Hello All, I am new to AudioKarma and have recently rediscovered the fun and reward of buying good equipment. I recently purchased a pair of McIntosh XLS-360 speakers. Wanting to get the most out of them without spending more than $1K on an amp, I recently purchased, but haven't rec'd, 2...
Back
Top Bottom