No STEREO......?

Reliving.

Hi Gents, and my Instagram friends have a Cool 1976 AKAI AA5810 ....have repaced all ELEC Capasisters on the two power board ..one small power board .....and one under .....Main power board...
was sounding and lot better ....but now no STEREO on left speaker...but works on MONO....

On small "POWER board" I changed TR1 2S D234 Transister because it was getting hot over the years with black Marks on the board....!! it did work last night but NO stereo this morning??.

one thing I did do is check VOLT points around the amp using HIFI engine sycm and most were a little higher .....like TR1 D234 transister should have 31.2v 52.1v & 31.6volts but for the 52.1v it was over 60volts???

ANY HELP WILL BE GREAT...still learning......OUTPUT TRANSISTER ???.

how can I Kick down the VOLTS running though AMP???.

Cheers Matt. mattsgpovan69 instagram.

need to test iding currant at 40 Mamps but need a AMP meter first...LOL, Should replace all the Small Caps on rest of Amp like the tone board etc. ......... also have a 1973 Rotel RA 611....

Last edited:
check the inputs . may have bad rca cable . also operate all switches a few times.
the main amp is obviously working so its before that in the circuits

Thank You Pete, for quick reply....have a old Thorens TD160 TT with old 1972 Leads..!! I have just bought for my son ....so will change Leads now for some modern ones....Happy days.

would you know how to lower Volt reading,s though Amp....? all seem a little high.

Last edited:
just restored a Sony TA1630 ...and just fixed up RCA leads and the right Lead is iffy....will post a thread on Turntable section is this how it works ?

cheers Matt.

Hi Matt
Could you suggest good replacement output transistors for my Sony TA1630?
2SC1124
2SA706
2SD531
2SB521

Many thanks
Dave

Back
Top Bottom