Vintage Amphion Japanese speakers

I have no idea?? But I have recently "discovered" Japanese speakers?? I seem to stumble across "Sansui speakers?? First SF One's, http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/sansui-sf-1-speakers.2749/
I swear to god ... I thought they were end tables!!! LOL, only when I went to lift them did go "WTH??" These are speakers!! Drug them home hooked them up and I luv'd them! My wife did not appear to luv them as much as I did?? But then the caps went out?? Perhaps she heard that coming before I did?? So they are on the growing pile of "Stuff to fix!" And that "Cross Over" looks be a "PIA" to get to ...but I'll get it done ...eventually! :)

And then I came across a pair of Sansui SP1200's ... I don't "need" anymore speakers?? And Japaneses at that??? LOL ... the cabinets are pristine but the speaker terminals were jacked up?? OK well don't need them but they were marked 15 bucks?? Well I don't need them, I don't really want them but hey 15 bucks?? Is that 15 each or 15 for the pair?? It was 15 bucks for the pair??? SOLD ... I took em home ...hooked up them up to the HTR, gear and they are still there!!

That was a couple of months ago and they are still in use! And despite what I belied ... I have not burst into flames or stuff from listening to Japanese Speakers! But "whatever (your speakers" background, most likely the capacitors, should be replaced?? OEM caps only last 10 to 20 years?? That was "suppose" to be a "lifetime."

Enjoy them! :)

I have no idea?? But I have recently "discovered" Japanese speakers?? I seem to stumble across "Sansui speakers?? First SF One's, http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/sansui-sf-1-speakers.2749/
I swear to god ... I thought they were end tables!!! LOL, only when I went to lift them did go "WTH??" These are speakers!! Drug them home hooked them up and I luv'd them! My wife did not appear to luv them as much as I did?? But then the caps went out?? Perhaps she heard that coming before I did?? So they are on the growing pile of "Stuff to fix!" And that "Cross Over" looks be a "PIA" to get to ...but I'll get it done ...eventually! :)

And then I across a pair of Sansui SP1200's ... I don't "need" anymore speakers?? And Japaneses at that??? LOL ... the cabinets are pristine but the speaker terminals were jacked up?? OK well don't need them but they were marked 15 bucks?? Well I don't need them, I don't really want them but hey 15 bucks?? Is that 15 each or 15 for the pair?? It was 15 bucks for the pair??? SOLD ... I took em home ...hooked up to the HTR gear and they are still there!!

That was a couple of months ago and they are still in use! And despite what I belied ... I have not burst into flames or stuff form listening to Japanese Speakers! But "whatever there" background, most likely the capacitors, should be replaced?? OEM caps only last 10 to 20 years?? That was "suppose" to be a "lifetime."

Enjoy them! :)
Ha! I have the same disease. I just wonder if they are 60’s or 70’s? I found some pristine Pioneer CS-901’s but don’t need them either! I’m being forced to unload stuff because I need the room, Royal Dane consoles, Danish modern consoles, Marantz receivers, HH Scott , Fisher tubes Bogen tube, Monster Japanese receivers. I just hate craigslist tho!

Ha! I have the same disease. I just wonder if they are 60’s or 70’s? I found some pristine Pioneer CS-901’s but don’t need them either! I’m being forced to unload stuff because I need the room, Royal Dane consoles, Danish modern consoles, Marantz receivers, HH Scott , Fisher tubes Bogen tube, Monster Japanese receivers. I just hate craigslist tho!
LOL ... if you start "collecting consoles" and you don't live in a Mansion or I suppose have a basement ... your screwed!! Reality of "space constrains" will put and end to that crap right quick! :)

I have the obligatory "Danish Modern" Maggie 6 foot console, a Clarkson I think it is ,Console Radio a 5 foot dark walnut Sansui ,SS console and that one ... I really, really did not want but it was "freaking free" or off to the dump you go!!! :(

It actually still works! And that thing weights a ton!! But I managed to drag it home and cram it into the house!! And much to my surprise?? I also have an Olympus, Mono Console??? It had stuff stacked on it?? I have no idea what I paid for it or where it came from?? :)

Finding cool stuff at ridiculous prices?? Is "apparently" an addition?? I have better stuff collecting dust then I actually use day in day out?? So my little old Pioneer HTR, does daily duty and I rotate speakers in and out as I find them! But the Japanese speakers have been a surprise to me??

I was pretty sure I would not like any of them?? But apparently I was wrong?? Most likely ...only if I stubble across some "A-Hole" dumping amp killing "Maggie's or Martin Logan's, will force me to get of my butt?? :)\

Crap happens but the Japaneses, speakers ... I have found ...don't seem to suck?? But maybe it's just me???

Same here, I’m thinking I’m becoming a hoarder... 10 cool consoles but just need one. The one is a Magnavox Concert Grand that I just had gone thru but now need to reinstall both amps and tuner.

WOW ten consoles??? I fell like a "loser! :(
And you have rehabbed one of them?? I'm impressed!! Inspiration for the lazy, I'm impressed. :)

Back
Top Bottom