Wind River

qdrone

Music is my mistress
I enjoyed this movie,Jeremy Renner shines in this and is supported by a strong cast. Takes place on a Wyoming Indian rez where the surrounding scenery of snow capped mountains makes for a few hours out of the city life refreshing. If you are a fan of the cable show Longmire then you will find this movie right up your alley. on its own it is still a great movie. Written by the guy who wrote Sicaro and Hell or High Water but this time he directs too.

Thanks for the info.Been a fan of Longmire's and waiting for his return,looking forward to Wind River.I'll have to see a shrink as I gravitate toward movies with snow scenes,Fargo,Ice Station Zebra,The Thing etc etc.

I'm looking forward to this, as I've actually driven through the Wind River rez. Scenery is terrific, as said; don't know if it was really filmed there - hope so.

EDIT: Sadly, nope. Research indicates it was mostly filmed near Park City, Utah. Makes sense - not a lot of movie-making infrastructure (or much else) in the area, except for a cool western-type town called Dubois.

BTW, for Longmire fans...it's actually filmed in New Mexico, mostly in around Santa Fe!

Cheers,
Larry B.

Last edited:
If you liked "Hell Or High Water", you will like this one two. Rather violent and grim; not for the kiddies. Very well done.

As has been noted it wasn't actually filmed in the Wind River area of North Central Wyoming, instead it was filmed at the Park City Studios, in Utah. Below is what part of the Wind River Indian reservation actually looks like.

Dubois is a really great town sort of like Jackson's Hole without the "A" holes. When I was in the Wyoming ARNG 67th Army Band we used to go to a mountain man rendezvous in Dubois. What a party. There was sort of a parade we participated in. It consisted of a bunch of plowed out of their gourds "mountain men". The staggering parade proceeded down main street did a turn-about and back to the city park where this rendezvous. and Buffalo BBQ, was taking place. One year they had a small field cannon such as you would have seen in the 1830's they would stop during the parade load and blow off a shot, The horses were not happy about this. Well we did the turn-about to return to the park and halfway back somebody looked back and realized the parade had disappeared. The "mountain men" instead of doing a turn around back to the park did a 90 degree turn instead right into a saloon to continue their drinking. If you read about the actual rendezvous that happen where Dubois is today back in 1838 a drunken debauchery was the way it was back then too.

Screen-Shot-2015-08-19-at-2.54.26-PM.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom