Whitening the faceplate lettering on an old AU-7700?

Evets

Has anyone done this? My lettering has yellowed with age, and I am wondering if there is a cleaning method or repainting method that works well. At this point, I am more curious than anything. Thanks.

Steve

Hi Steve,
Similar issue on my Sansui, age and usage broken up white lettering. Tried to see if it can be repaired by a professional body or silk printed etc.. very expensive.
Instead..
I used DecalPro fx. Have a read of it on their website. You would probably will have to take the front panel have it on a workable surface as there will be delicate work.
You would probably will have to take a good look /snaps at the existing font, size and where they are, make up the new set on normal white paper using laser printer, overlay until you get a good match.
Then practice before touching the panel as you will have to remove the old decal. Removing the old decal is so easy, instructions are also included. Enclosed is a typical result, All of the white lettering was removed and re-applied.
Mano

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-27 at 21.47.16.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-27 at 21.47.16.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 49
Thanks, Mano. Yours looks great; I'll have to get out a magnifying glass and examine my faceplate a little more closely. I think the letters are silkscreened on there, but I am not certain. Thanks again.

Steve

I have the face plate of the AU-7700 I dearly loved, but was ruined by flooding. :tears: PM me if interested in trading something?

Back
Top Bottom