• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

My new headphone holder (PICS)

ejfud

Audio Pinhead
Well after this audio thing became all consuming I stopped doing my first love of woodworking. I'm finally working my way back into it and this was my first project. A radiator cover that doubles as my headphone rack. It will also work nicely as a place to stack more audio stuff.

I'm also working on a secret project for Inspiribomb that should materialize in the next few weeks. We'll keep you posted.
RadB4.jpg

RadAfter.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Just curious, does having the radiator inside a cabinet hurt how effective it is at heating the room ? Looks good tho!
 
The enclosure has no back so the hot surrounding air can leave through that gap. I also line them with a reflective thin insulation which really forces the hot air through the front grates.

I made a 12' cover/window seat a few years ago for the sun room and the room is now warmer than it ever has been. That cover fully enclosed the radiator and now more of the heat comes forward into the room.

These are forced water radiators so they don't get supper hot to the touch like steam ones do. I'm sure they would work on those as well.
 
Man, that's beautiful, Gary!

The title of your thread made me think I'd see a picture of your head...

I'll need to chat with you about how to prettify the Barzilay cabs I found the other day. Sounds like RC and I might cobble up another frankenspeaker!
 
Thanks Redboy. It would be my head, but I only work in wood and my head is cement.

Just got back in town and was reading the thread on your new JBL's. From the pics they don't look to bad. We'll have to get together so I can hear the system and check them out. How does this week look for you?
 
I should be around this week. Give me a call and we'll figure something out - I think you have my number. Otherwise, I'll try to get ahold of you, too.
 
Back
Top Bottom