• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Heath Ledger dead at 28!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register to hide this ad
He was very good in A Knight's Tale I believe was the name of it and Brokeback Mountain (no jokes please.) From what they are saying it looks like pills did him in.

Real shame.
 
Very accomplished actor and so young!! I was stunned to hear the news. He always struck me as a stand-up sort of guy and was trying his best to be a good dad, as well. He will be missed.
 
He was very good in A Knight's Tale I believe was the name of it and Brokeback Mountain (no jokes please.) From what they are saying it looks like pills did him in.

Real shame.

Ditto on "A Night's Tale". Always thought it needed a sequel. RIP Heath.
 
Tough news, I always enjoyed his acting and he seemed to be an upstanding guy.
Sad news,
Jim
 
He was Gabriel in "The Patriot with Mel Gibson";

4


6
 
With all due respect, it's being reported that it was a suicide. What could be so drastically wrong with his life that he would choose to end it?

I have a serious problem evoking sympathy for one who is on the verge of greatness who offs himself, particularly when he leaves behind a two year old daughter who will someday be questioning why daddy left her alone.

For whatever reason, he took a coward's way out.
 
Why don't you wait until all of the facts are out before you label the man a "coward"? If you're wrong about this being a suicide (public officials are backing off that claim) I would expect an apology fom you on this same thread.
 
With all due respect, it's being reported that it was a suicide. What could be so drastically wrong with his life that he would choose to end it?

I have a serious problem evoking sympathy for one who is on the verge of greatness who offs himself, particularly when he leaves behind a two year old daughter who will someday be questioning why daddy left her alone.

For whatever reason, he took a coward's way out.

I respectfully disagree with you sir.

Mental illness is an illness, just like any other. Suicide isn't always a "cowards way out" any more than terminal cancer or a fatal heart attack is a "cowards way out."

Again, I'd have to respectfully disagree. I hope it doesn't prove to be a suicide, but if it does any of us would have to walk a mile in his shoes to understand the state of mind he was in.
 
I respectfully disagree with you sir.

Mental illness is an illness, just like any other. Suicide isn't always a "cowards way out" any more than terminal cancer or a fatal heart attack is a "cowards way out."

Again, I'd have to respectfully disagree. I hope it doesn't prove to be a suicide, but if it does any of us would have to walk a mile in his shoes to understand the state of mind he was in.

You are being very civil. I on the other hand tend to lose my temper with those who shoot their mouth off prematurely.
 
A fine actor who already had an impressive resume-The Patriot,Monsters Ball,A Knights Tale,Brokeback Mountain,Im Not There.What a sad end to a very promising career.
Jimmy
 
So sad and shocking. He was a great talent.

A recent movie of his that didn't get a lot of press is "Candy", where he plays an artist who is seduced by drugs. I hope this is not a case of art imitating life, but who knows.
 
He was one of the few new actors that I think would have been great, in the classic Hollywood way. Very sad news.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom