Minimalist LP storage.

pmsummer

simul justus et peccator
12_musicshow_publico.jpg

13_musicshow_publico.jpg

And REALLY minimalist...

10_musicshow_publico.jpg

Oh... it's art.

Looks good, I've wanted to put all my Impulse! records in the same shelf to achieve the same effect...

Exit alphabetical/genre sorted storage, enter Colour Coding Storage!
Looks pretty wild.

Last edited:
I like the idea of organizing the jackets by the hue of their spine instead of some arbitrary alphabetical sequence.

I like the idea of organizing the jackets by the hue of their spine instead of some arbitrary alphabetical sequence.

It's the same way my local thrift store organizes shirts - by color rather than by some arbitrary characteristic like size … :rolleyes:

I'm gonna try that first shelfless idea. Looks cool. I suppose the best way is to glue all the covers together and then use some sort of ancher screws or toggle bolts on the backside.

I think it looks cool, and I like the rainbow effect too. But, did you take a look at some of the titles? Olivia Newton John, Andy Williams, Meatloaf, Glenn Miller, Schumann, Mendelssohn and some opera. I'm thinking the display is more for the visual effect than a bona fide collection.

Please note, I'm NOT criticizing anyone's taste in music. All I'm suggesting is that the collection's breadth seems to be a function of the visual effect wanted. I realize that there are folks (myself included) with eclectic tastes ... but somehow this seems to be born of another reason.

Looks good, I've wanted to put all my Impulse! records in the same shelf to achieve the same effect...

A different animal, I know, but when I stored my CDs on an open shelf, all of the Coltrane Impulse titles were together. I always thought they looked pretty cool. I can only imagine what the LPs stacked together would look like.

I'm thinking the display is more for the visual effect than a bona fide collection.
Yeah- this looks like repurposed for art. It is kind of cool. I would hate to find something very cool having been glued or bolted together, but face it - these things get destroyed somewhere every day. Might as well enjoy it for that.

A different animal, I know, but when I stored my CDs on an open shelf, all of the Coltrane Impulse titles were together. I always thought they looked pretty cool. I can only imagine what the LPs stacked together would look like.

Yup, my Coltrane Impulse vinyl is all together, so there are about 8 or 10 orange spines all next to each other... it's pretty cool.

I thought maybe you were ditching the Ikea shelves for something more novel.

While it's not nearly as, I dunno, spontaneous or irregular as using the spines of LP covers to create cool images or swaths of color, there's an edition of the Patrick O'Brien (O'Brian???) Master and Commander books that, when you have all 20 or so books in order on the shelf form a cool painting.

It's a cool idea, I think. But I think this album art is way cooler.

So I'm guessing you guys don't want to see my artfully deployed vinyl inventory tastefully installed in multi-color milk crates?

Back
Top Bottom