Fisher E-48 Console

railcruzr

I recently acquired for FREE (my father's friend gave this to me) this Fisher Console. Searching around the web, it is an E-48 from 1963. I am trying to find an owner's manual. It is nearly immaculate as you can tell by the attached pictures. Everything works but the turntable. I found the service manual on line. I would also like to do a recap of this unit before powering it up. Any suggestions? Thank you! Tony

Attachments

• photo-3.JPG
    photo-3.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 57
  • photo-2.JPG
    photo-2.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 50
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 56
You'll need the S.M. for the Recap. The Owners Manual are scarce as Hen's teeth unless Jonboy55, Fisherdude, or TheRed1, has one. If it's been run recently you can fire it up and get a baseline sound. DON'T forget the crossover caps.

The TT is a Garrard AT-6. Vinylengine has the manual for it. Look for the usual Garrard ills. The Roller in the cam wheel is the biggest ill. Make sure it spins freely. This is for the Auto Cycle and it will cause it to hang in the middle of the cycle if it's gummed up. Basically you'll need to completely disassemble it, clean everything, and reassemble it.

I've got an E-49 and E490. From what I can see the schematics of the E48 and E49 are identical. Very nice sounding units. Your's is the 1st Italian Provincial I've seen. Most that I've seen are the Modern, Early American, and French Provincial.

Larry

Thanks Larry for the info, I'll be supplying picks of the amp here shortly. I've removed the TT today and it looks like I will have to disassemble, lube and reassemble like you said. I'll let you know my progress.

Back
Top Bottom