• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

This is the thanks I get

colortrakker

Thinking in color...
Buddy from work calls me up yesterday. He's moving and may have some stuff I'm interested in. I agree to come over and see it, and help out a little. It's only gonna take a couple of hours, yeah? Well, 6 hours, some MNF and good conversation later, I end up coming home with:

A Kenwood KA-5700 amp
A Technics SA-5060 receiver
A Panasonic all-in-one with an 8-track recorder
More Kenwood stuff (amp, tuner, cassette, EQ from the mid '80s)
A couple dozen 8-tracks
a Kraco 8-track-to-cassette adapter
2 mixers (HME and Zeus)
a miniature Boss EQ (still in the box)
A degaussing coil
Other various assorted ephemera

In exchange Buddy gets my ancient 333 iMac and some help in getting his gear set up at the new place. Fair deal?
 
Register to hide this ad
Sounds like you made out pretty well, the KA-5700 alone is quite nice, not to mention all the other stuff. Congrats! Is the 80's Kenwood gear from their Basic line? If so, you made out even better.
 
Geeze, nice haul. I've helped my best friend move three times and all I got was him taking my Pioneer SX-838. Well, I did get an Onkyo TX-DS696, but that's not vintage so it doesn't count.

Gonna post some pics? We love to see pics.
- JP
 
colortrakker said:
Fair deal?

I'd say so! For many years, I helped people move every summer - the most I ever got was a few beers or a few hits :naughty: - all long gone by now! :D
 
All right, have a look. KA-5700 (which rocks), the '80s Kenwood family (whose cassette transport is stuck in play), the SA-5060, which is a sweet-sounding little 12-watter, and the Panasonic 8-track recorder and associated 8-tracks.
 
Back
Top Bottom