3/23/24 - 1PM Northern Chicago/Southern WI Get-Together?

Robie

Live it or live with it.
Subscriber
Hey All,

It's time to host another Get-Together. I've hosted such yearly and similar events since 2006 (I think) either here in Paddock Lake, WI or Glenview, IL, primarily for AK members but also HH members since I'm a member there too. Lately we've had as many AK and HH members and some CAS members. We all like the same thing.

The venue is my two story 1,600 sf heated garage located next to my tiny log cabin. It's not the most acoustically perfect environment but we've seemed to have fun regardless. Both the first and second floors of the garage (not quite acoustically separated) have places to set up equipment and enjoy.

Regardless, this event is as much an open house for attendees to have fun. I promise that not everyone will be equipment overlords. Please bring a spouse and it's been fun in the past

We will serve a hearty edible something (usually chili) mid to late afternoon. What has worked in the past is that y'all bring a small snack or dessert to share along with your beverage of choice. My outside picnic table has served as the biggest cooler in the past. We'll have soft drinks, coffee, and water.

Please also bring a piece of audio equipment to share (or not) and some media (or not). I do not keep track of who is bringing what but usually we are pretty heavy on tubes and some DIY.

As a busy host finding extension cords, interconnects etc.) I usually ask an attendee to assist in what gets hooked up so that everyone gets a chance to showcase their piece. Y'all and your contributions are what make this such a fun party and it's always 70% social and 30% audio.

Looking forward to meeting y'all and seeing all y'all again that have attended in the past.

Please message me here and I'll reply with an address.

Bob

Collette - does this look familiar?

Attachments

• 28A53429-5D9F-46F2-865C-9D0173A4C5C7.jpeg
    28A53429-5D9F-46F2-865C-9D0173A4C5C7.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 3C30F9AA-E012-4152-B004-8D9EA8900479.jpeg
    3C30F9AA-E012-4152-B004-8D9EA8900479.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 15
Perhaps my "Northern Chicago" title was a bit narrow as my house is less than an hour of drive time north of O'Hare Airport.

Sorry, with a grandchild and new one on the way I'm not as diligent in my replies.

Hope to see anyone interested in attending.

If anyone's interested in attending, please PM me and I'll send my address.

Still looking forward to it. Hope you in the Chicago/Milwaukee area are too.

Last edited:
Just a little over a week to go. Please PM me for my address if you are interested in attending.

Thanks for hosting. Will see you then.
May bring Cronus Magnum lll amp. If I feel strong enough to lift it that day. Think I still have address.

I plan to be there and can offer a free basic cartridge setup for those who bring their tables. I'll also bring a handful of these (they work).

Attachments

• keychains4.jpg
    keychains4.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 5
It's getting closer. Please PM me for my address should you want to attend.

Back
Top Bottom