86 inch LG. TV

twiiii

Lunatic Member
Guess what I saw at Costco to day. and 86" LG LED flat panel 4k Smart TV. I think the price was $2499.00. You know what Costco warehouse are like. The light from the windows was shinning right on the screen so the picture looked washed out. But that wasn't the point. But 86", that's quite a step up from my 61". But I will wait for my Pioneer 151 to die first. I'll probably buy a 77" Sony instead.

I went from a 46" to a 65" inch and once you get adjusted to the bigger size you want one bigger still.

I can believe that, I can remember the Runco projectors we sold with 120 inch screens, wow. But you had to be in almost totally darkened room at the time. And the cost of the projector lamps was horrid. Later came the LED models, and though they were terribly expensive at least the lamps lasted 5 to 10 times as long. Can any any of you remember the old Kloss, Sony and Barco three tube projector sets. What a pain to maintain and set up. We have progressed so far in the time being. Anyone seen the new Samsung 8k sets Best Buy is supposed to be delivering? I paid to much for my Pioneer 151 plasma though I got a hell of a discount, but I would have loved to seen a 90 inch version. I wouldn't have needed a heater for the winter time in the viewing room. No wonder they were outlawed in California as energy hogs..

Wow! I have a 32" Sony smart tv. Small apartment and enough for me but what do you use for a sound system?

I can believe that, I can remember the Runco projectors we sold with 120 inch screens, wow. But you had to be in almost totally darkened room at the time. And the cost of the projector lamps was horrid. Later came the LED models, and though they were terribly expensive at least the lamps lasted 5 to 10 times as long. Can any any of you remember the old Kloss, Sony and Barco three tube projector sets. What a pain to maintain and set up. We have progressed so far in the time being. Anyone seen the new Samsung 8k sets Best Buy is supposed to be delivering? I paid to much for my Pioneer 151 plasma though I got a hell of a discount, but I would have loved to seen a 90 inch version. I wouldn't have needed a heater for the winter time in the viewing room. No wonder they were outlawed in California as energy hogs..

CRT projectors... owned a couple way back when. Yes, a major pain to set up. The best looking one I owned was the Electrohome Marquee 8500.

Outside an office at my work, in the hallway, was a box containing a 200" LED TV.

Hope its at least 4k other wise the pixels will be the size of marbles. Thats when 8k would be way preferable. Lets see if I viewed that 200 inch thing at 6 ft it would be the same thing as me viewing my 27", iMac at 10 inches. Thats too, close. I am normally about 16 to 18 inches.. or I guess about 9 to 10 ft Fromm 200 inches. Wow, wow!!! My screen is 5K and I can't see the pixels so, Yeah, I would want 8K.

I wish I still had my Poineer elite pro 151 it was a great tv only bested by my Lg 65in Oled , still not a tv thy can touch an Oled for blacks and contrast and if professionally calibrated forget about, only until Micro Led comes out will it be bested. 8k would be cool if I had 200in screen and there was actually 8k content and a device that provides 8k otherwise 4K is more than fine.

Audiofreak71

I wish I still had my Poineer elite pro 151 it was a great tv only bested by my Lg 65in Oled , still not a tv thy can touch an Oled for blacks and contrast and if professionally calibrated forget about, only until Micro Led comes out will it be bested. 8k would be cool if I had 200in screen and there was actually 8k content and a device that provides 8k otherwise 4K is more than fine.

Audiofreak71
As great as this sounds, it's simply not true. Plasma, on its best day, is no match for a current OLED in any area of performance - and I was a plasma fanatic. Stacked Vidikron 3gun CRTs with quadruplers looked great in '97 - today, not so much.

Time marches on.

As great as this sounds, it's simply not true. Plasma, on its best day, is no match for a current OLED in any area of performance - and I was a plasma fanatic. Stacked Vidikron 3gun CRTs with quadruplers looked great in '97 - today, not so much.

Time marches on.
What did I say that was not true? I simply stated that I wish I still had my pioneer elite plasma , sure it would be in my bedroom but not my main room where I clearly stated that my Oled bests the plasma , so not sure if you didn’t read what I wrote correctly or what .

Audiofreak71

What did I say that was not true? I simply stated that I wish I still had my pioneer elite plasma , sure it would be in my bedroom but not my main room where I clearly stated that my Oled bests the plasma , so not sure if you didn’t read what I wrote correctly or what .

Audiofreak71
You are correct sir. I did in fact mis-read your post. My apologies!

The Kuros were something when the were first released though. Man oh man . . .

You are correct sir. I did in fact mis-read your post. My apologies!

The Kuros were something when the were first released though. Man oh man . . .
Yep np problem at all. They were indeed outstanding and I am so glad there was something that finally came along that surpassed them , thank goodness for Oled . The micro led is supposed to be the next big thing but have you seen Sony’s take on it and how much they’re charging ? Holy cow man it’s insane , for a 110in I believe it’s around $250k!! And the 200in is $500k!! Yep you read that right , I’m good with my 65in Lg C8 Oled.

Here’s the video if you care to watch .
Audiofreak71

Just purchased a 75" LG TV. It's a monster. Coming from a 52" we've had to make some adjustments. Buy a new TV stand for one. Also purchased the Yamaha stereo at Costco which has Arc 2.2? Forgot what number.
Spent THREE HOURS trying to get sound from the speakers going through all the settings to no avail.
Finally swapped out the HDMI cable and Viola! It turns out I had a bad older HDMI cable. Sheesh.
That's on top of the three hours spending putting together the Ikea TV stand.
It'll take some time to get used to the TV.

Man you earned that puppy.. hahaaa. gotta laugh at that Ikea TV stand taking as long as getting sound..Those swedes hate us and they prove it via living room furniture..

Just purchased a 75" LG TV. It's a monster. Coming from a 52" we've had to make some adjustments. Buy a new TV stand for one. Also purchased the Yamaha stereo at Costco which has Arc 2.2? Forgot what number.
Spent THREE HOURS trying to get sound from the speakers going through all the settings to no avail.
Finally swapped out the HDMI cable and Viola! It turns out I had a bad older HDMI cable. Sheesh.
That's on top of the three hours spending putting together the Ikea TV stand.
It'll take some time to get used to the TV.
Just unboxing and handling TVs of this size is daunting without a drywall hanger! Mine is wall mounted over my lowboy rack - man that was a pucker factor of ten getting it mounted.

Just unboxing and handling TVs of this size is daunting without a drywall hanger! Mine is wall mounted over my lowboy rack - man that was a pucker factor of ten getting it mounted.
You ain’t never lied . Although my 65in Oled was scary mounting above my mantle it was nothing compared to mounting my 170lbs plasma on the wall, that scared the crap outta me lol.

Audiofreak71

Nope. Decided to plant that puppy right in top of the Ikea. No wall mount for me.. I'd miss a stud, set it up and....all bad. As it was it was JUST enough for my wife and I to lift it. Ten more pounds and I would have needed another guy. I know they have those super thin "wall TV's" but out of our comfort zone in terms of price. Nice though.

Man you earned that puppy.. hahaaa. gotta laugh at that Ikea TV stand taking as long as getting sound..Those swedes hate us and they prove it via living room furniture..
I know! But we had little choice and didn't realize how wide the foot mounts were at 61" wide. Sheesh. Needed it now. ASAP. Kinda glad they have an Ikea near me. Don't know if I saved any money $300 but at least I know it was put together right. Wish I had a wood shop. Could have made a decent one for that price.

Back
Top Bottom