Altec Lansing Model 75

Notnilc

Hello AudioKarma aficionado’s. Is anyone well versed in the history of Altec Lansing speakers? I recently picked up a pair of the Model 75’s and I’m wondering when they were manufactured. These are the small 2-way bookshelf speakers in walnut or oak. I believe the woofer is 2.5”.

Any input if appreciated.

Transitional model. Engineering and design as well as original production was all Altec in OKC. This would be before 1998 when the OKC plant was closed and the company purchased by Telex.

Production would continue on into the Plantronics years of Altec Lansing Technologies in Milford PA from 2000 forward.

Transitional model. Engineering and design as well as original production was all Altec in OKC. This would be before 1998 when the OKC plant was closed and the company purchased by Telex.

Production would continue on into the Plantronics years of Altec Lansing Technologies in Milford PA from 2000 forward.[
Thanks. So they’re almost vintage.

Vintage has lost most of its meaningful use as a word, beyond search terms. It's like when "antique" actually meant something beyond "old".

Vintage 80s? Are we really there yet?

Don't fall into the trap of thinking the only good speakers are the ones that get held up as examples online. The best speakers are the ones the you like the sound of.

Back
Top Bottom