Anyone Recognize This HK Receiver?

relaximus

Consoles 'Я' Us
Older Harmon Kardon receiver ($25) and Jensen 3-ways ($60). Any thoughts?

hk_01.jpg

hk_02.jpg

hk_03.jpg

Dave

That series of receivers came out in the early 80's. They perform MUCH BETTER than their rated power output. I had one of the bigger models and it was a mainstay for decades. They do have deoxit-fixable problems with switches and pots. At $25 I can't see it being anything but a deal.

I currently have an HK 460i in my collection and it's a sweet unit. Very well built.

I'll chime in with hearty approval of the hk 460i, but mhardy has it right, your pic is of a 350. The 460 has an identical appearance except for Tone Defeat and Subsonic Filter buttons between the Tape Monitor and Speaker buttons. 460 is rated for 30wpc, compared to the 20wpc of the 350.

There had been a 460i in the Hartford CL for a several weeks now, not sure if it's still for sale but it was going for $35-ish. No affliation with the seller, I was briefly considering the purchase for spare parts/bi-amping pipe dreams. :)

The 460i on the Hartford Craigslist was purchased by me. I just gifted it (today in fact) to a niece who turned 10. Our present to her was her first real stereo, consisting of the HK receiver, Insignia speakers and a Toshiba DVD player (as CD player -- it was a cheap refurb and it sucks at playing DVDs, so this is a good re-use of the unit). She was ecstatic.

Back
Top Bottom