Hooking up headphones to TubeCube 7

vanquishfist

Loudness Off
Looking to pick up a TubeCube 7 from OfferUp and I would like to use it as a headphone amp. What would I have to do to us connect my Sennheiser HD-280s to the speaker taps? Can I hook them straight up or do I need resistors?

You would need resistors plus it would probably need to see a load like a speaker but why not just get a tube headphone amplifier? They do make them!

You would need resistors plus it would probably need to see a load like a speaker but why not just get a tube headphone amplifier? They do make them!

The seller is only asking $100 for it, so I thought it would be nice if I mainly want to use it for headphones but also have the versatility to hook up a set of speaks to it if I wanted too.

Looking to pick up a TubeCube 7 from OfferUp and I would like to use it as a headphone amp. What would I have to do to us connect my Sennheiser HD-280s to the speaker taps? Can I hook them straight up or do I need resistors?
On her YT channel, StepheK posted a series of videos (4, I think) on how to build a headphone adapter to use with tube amps.

On her YT channel, StepheK posted a series of videos (4, I think) on how to build a headphone adapter to use with tube amps.

Thank you! This will be super helpful! Any time I did a Google search regarding this nothing useful like this came up.

Back
Top Bottom