How about we all share what we are using to power our Klipsch Loudspeakers

Those speakers can ever be powered by the C33's monitor amplifier without the need of external power amplifier if you wanted. It's rated at 20 wpc but in the classic McIntosh tradition, this is a conservative rating. It also has PG circuitry which prevents clipping - not that that is likely to be an issue with 100+ dB speakers.

Something to keep in mind if the MC225 ever needs to go out for service.
Yeah, I actually had to do that a few years ago when I had work done on the MC225. It worked and sounded ok. The 25 watts was more than plenty enough, but the sound never compared with that of the MC225 and I was very happy when I got it back!!

Handmade Dynaco ST-70 clone in the style of a Marshall JCM-800. The false speaker cabinet houses components and my Forte II’s wear the Marshall “Cane” cabinet fabric. Amp has Gold Lion Kt-77 power tubes.

Attachments

• DCEDABBB-90E9-40B0-9511-3A55FE394AAB.jpeg
    DCEDABBB-90E9-40B0-9511-3A55FE394AAB.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 6784862D-06DB-4139-99BE-DB73C3498EEC.jpeg
    6784862D-06DB-4139-99BE-DB73C3498EEC.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 85
Very cool rig!:thumbsup:
Thanks! I’m guessing that’s for me?! :beerchug:

It’s made by a guy that makes guitar amps in Tacoma as a side gig from his usual job as an electrician. He started the hobby doing audio amps for himself and friends. He then made a guitar amp for a friend and it’s kinda turned into a business. I bought one of his guitar amps a few years ago and always thought a home stereo would look cool as a Marshall. It even passed the wife test! His company is Rola Amplifiers.

-Derek

Hey Derek, I really appreciate someone who thinks out of the box. I have been playing music, mainly drums, on and off longer than I care to remember. I'm pushing 60 so when I was starting to play and get interested in being in rock bands, Led Zeppelin was king. All budding rock guitarists were going to be the next Jimmy Page. Of course the drummers were going to be the next John Bonham. I remember vividly, the guys, who's parents had money, would have a Marshall stack and a Les Paul. Of course, lead guitarists have to be heard and all those Marshall's were turned up to eleven! It's a wonder I still have most of my hearing. The one thing about a Marshall is they will really cut through the mix when needed. Most other amps can't keep up when you need that axe to really break through. I think it's very cool to have a Hi-Fi rig that pays homage to what we, the rockers, really want them to reproduce. That killer, gritty, over the top sound that only a Marshall can bring!

Again very cool, keep rockin'!:rockon:

Mark

Well I still have my Heresies but today I did an even trade. I traded a pair of JBL L-36 speakers in very good condition for a pair of Chorus 1's also in very good condition, I have been listening to the Klipsch's for a couple of hours now and they sound great. I haven't done allot of speaker positioning so I will do more tomorrow and see if I can tweek things a little. So to answer the OP's question. I am running a Onkyo/Integra M-504 amp with my new to me set of Chorus'. I love it......:rockon:

100_2259.JPG 100_2262.JPG 100_2261.JPG 100_2260.JPG

Well I still have my Heresies but today I did an even trade. I traded a pair of JBL L-36 speakers in very good condition for a pair of Chorus 1's also in very good condition, I have been listening to the Klipsch's for a couple of hours now and they sound great. I haven't done allot of speaker positioning so I will do more tomorrow and see if I can tweek things a little. So to answer the OP's question. I am running a Onkyo/Integra M-504 amp with my new to me set of Chorus'. I love it......:rockon:

View attachment 1401876 View attachment 1401877 View attachment 1401878 View attachment 1401879
I’d say that’s a score! Well done!:thumbsup:

I’d say that’s a score! Well done!:thumbsup:

Yes, I thought so to. The gentleman who traded with me had 3 pair of Chorus' and just wanted a pair of JBL's. He is a very nice guy with a real bad audio problem like allot of us have but he had more speakers and vintage gear then I have ever seen in one place. And that was just what I saw in the pics he sent me. Even my wife said she thought I was bad until she saw those pics. :)

Wow, some amazing gear in this thread. Im recapping my Sansui AU 317, I use it as pre amp to drive a Kenwood KM 992. Speakers are Quartets with titanium tweets and crossovers upgraded. Completely fell in love with the Sansui/Quartet pairing after refreshing the crossovers. Huge difference, they're keepers now. The Kenwood is a rather new addition, so much clean power on tap now. Im liking it so far.

KG 4.2s with Crites titanium upgrade.

Each speaker has a dedicated Parasound HCA-750 (not bridged).

Sansui C-2101 preamplifier (new relays).

DSC00539.JPG

Last edited:
Handmade Dynaco ST-70 clone in the style of a Marshall JCM-800. The false speaker cabinet houses components and my Forte II’s wear the Marshall “Cane” cabinet fabric. Amp has Gold Lion Kt-77 power tubes.
Way Cool!:thumbsup:

Heresy III`s..
Purchased new at a very attractive price, about 2 years ago, for use only as initial SQ listening conformation, in my electronic work shop after final electronic test`s/checkout on the bench of amplifier`s brought in for repair/rework/check out..

So, not one single amplifier/s is/are specific to my Heresy III`s use.

After the hearing/listening tests on the Heresy III`s have passed, then the amplifier being tested/checked out is transferred to the sunroom for connection to my DQ-10`s for 24 hr. burn in with music for final SQ check before release to the customer, and or friend..

I apologize, if my purchase & use of my III`s are totally "utilitarian", and might be bothersome to those who might covet them !

Back
Top Bottom