Let's See Your Great JVC Gear!

Or a Victor TT-101 the drive only but for the Japan market 100 volt and add a step down transformer.
Yup! I monitor Yahoo Japan listings daily. These are common over there.
I have a step down transformer for my Victor-M7050 amp I bought from a Japanese seller.

From the JVC Stylistic Midi System W91, this my JVC AX-E91 BK 75W/ch (8 ohm 40-20,000 Hz) amplifier. More details here.

6467688_orig.jpg

I'd like to show off the JR-S600 I just got finished with. I bought this from someone who "wasn't sure" if it worked or not. It didn't. It would power on and light up, but one channel of the amp was toasted. I've previously rebuilt a JR-S301 and found it to be rather difficult to work on. Hoped that the 600 was easier, but, nope: Actually a little more difficult. There's a lot of circuitry in that box, and the way it's assembled doesn't make it very tech-friendly. It was in pieces on my work bench for nearly a year. Finally put it back together and it's a really nice receiver! I used LED lighting, but I wished to maintain the original look as much as possible. I think I did that, except for the blue LED I used in the dial pointer. I didn't like that much at first, but after looking at it a while, it's grown on me. It's missing a couple of the aluminum caps on the EQ sliders. I experimented with making one from polymer clay... If I can get the shape right, I think I can paint them with Krylon dull aluminum and they'll look ok.

Attachments

• IMG_5213_5d.JPG
    IMG_5213_5d.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 55
can we see more of the TT?

Here's a few more shots. I suspect it was probably not a huge seller, as there isn't much info on it online. I had to replace both the drive belt (shredded) and the tonearm control belt (stretched), and the plastic cover sort of melted into the cables, so I put it in a cabinet where there's no need for it. :)

It's a bit noisy in cuing, but otherwise holds up well for the ~$50 I have in it. I like the concept of full-automatic turntables as it should help ensure soft automated landings on the records.

20170320_213639.jpg 20170320_213631.jpg 20170320_213648.jpg

Picked this beauty out of the swap shed at my town dump. JVC JA-S55. A little cleaning and some Deoxit and she's driving my KLH 6's like I've never heard before. Just have to replace a fuse lamp. Also picked a T-V5 tuner. Bummer that it didn't power up.
IMG_2308.JPGimage.jpg

My JVC XL-V300 and R-X40. Both were for parts / not working.

The CD player had broken plastic parts that support the mechanism. Fixed by tapping threads / countersinking plastic bosses and adding flat head screws.

The receiver needed a few things:
- A new power cord
- The EQ didn't work. Resoldering the PCB fixed it.
- Cleaned slide controls with F5 fader lube. Lubed with silicone to get that new feeling back.

Both working fine now.

index.php

Back in 2015 I exhibited at a UK audio show. Its like a trade show but instead of companies and dealers, it's audio enthusiasts bringing systems to the large hotel venue and playing them to other enthusiasts. That year I took along a mostly JVC system - A-X4 amplifier, T-X6 tuner and the mighty DD-9 cassette deck.
We also had a Rega Planar 25 on hand for vinyl and the loudspeakers were my own design based around the AR4xa.
Playing BASF pure chrome tapes via the DD-9 without any Dolby went down a treat. The DD-9 is inherently clean and quiet with rock solid pitch.

Also have the KD-A77, KD-A33, RS-33L, TX-5 and SEA-80 in the collection.

Here are some pics:

25822488412_fd11692486_o by Rob Holt, on Flickr

DSCF6891_1280px by Rob Holt, on Flickr

IMG_2396 by Rob Holt, on Flickr

....and the DIY speaker design which I published the year before for anyone interested in a self build vintage style monitor with a modern twist:

speaker front by Rob Holt, on Flickr

One of my JVC cassette decks, a KD-65. A friend of mine picked it up at a yard sale for 5 bucks. All I did was clean the tape path and Deoxit the controls, the belts were still in good shape. Damn thing sounds awesome and has a output volume so I can run it straight into a tube amp :D.

14923178829001439738167.jpg

My work JVC cassette deck model TD-R431 sitting on top of a Onkyo TX1500 mkii receiver, it was another 5 buck pick up. I just gave this one a good belt cleaning and tape path cleaning and it was good to go. It is really close to beating out my KD-65 in sound quality, which is not bad for a midfi 90s two headed deck. Life and JVCs are good :D
20170417_184353_001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom