Micro Seiki owner's club

DaaDaa

Set the controls for the heart of the pun
I think there was a thread but i think that the thread starter deleted it, or i simply couldn't find it. anyway since im really enjoying my micro there needs to be an official thread for it.

After one year of sitting idly because i didnt know what i was doing. now my all stock DDX-1000 is up and running and i could not wait to show it off. it has the original Seiki copper platter mat, almost every original seiki armboard, one seiki tonearm and it keeps rock solid steady speed in the 100% stock condition. even the rubber on the feet are original and in perfect condition (not hardened). It has never been repaired, refurbished, or re capped everything 100% stock. I also repaired the Que lever on the Denon arm and now everything works perfectly.

NdPBohM.jpg

Nu7QMHr.jpg

Hyb9X0O.jpg

VguqhdZ.jpg

p9i28C0.jpg

i keep the carts in weatherproof cases:
tOgYsr7.jpg

4vwFE5r.jpg

Last edited:
Big fan of Micro Seiki myself although I don't own one yet. I'd love to find a BL-91 belt drive with the MA-505 tonearm.
I have a MA-202L tonearm in need of a rewire sitting here, super nice build quality.
It would be nice to see a MS owners club thread on here. There used to be a MS subforum on VE but it disappeared.

BillWojo

My main table right now is the Micro BL-91 with MA-505 arm, pretty much stock but in very nice condition. Currently running with a Clearaudio Concept MC cartridge, but also using a Benz Micro Wood SL and AT-OC9/III.

qeV19u2.png

YKGIF7M.png

jGO1MSC.png

X3rtNoF.png

x6p0TEO.png

JFnlrgA.png

Also have a Micro Seiki DD-40 with Audio Technica AT33PTG/II right now, a few cosmetic mods and remote power supply, love this table, simple late 70s direct drive without all the digital circuitry...

9QfhmkV.jpg

WWW4Y7e.png

Last edited:
about BL-91: i have never heard one but i see that after RX-5000 it is the most sought after, but its not direct drive, is it? love direct drive tables. the MA505 also seems like just the bees knees as far as these vintage arms go.

Last edited:
BL-91 is a belt drive, heavy platter and a massive platter spindle.
There was an optional bronze platter made for it also. It's even heavier.
Micro Seiki was used by other TT manufactures to build statement tables for them. There is a real reason the MS tables are sought after and that the best of them cost what they do.

BillWojo

I am cleaning up a Micro Seiki MB-18 to bring it back to use as a starter turntable for someone...... it is missing the original counter weight, and I have not been able to locate one anywhere. Already checked in BarterTown and assoc.

Be nice to have one of the big dogs of the line, but I am more than satisfied with my MR-622. Its the only dd deck I have allowed to stay here in the idler drive depository.

about BL-91: i have never heard one but i see that after RX-5000 it is the most sought after, but its not direct drive, is it? love direct drive tables. the MA505 also seems like just the bees knees as far as these vintage arms go.
The Micro DD-8 is another very popular direct drive model that shared the high torque motor with your DDX-1000, but in a more conventional and elegant looking rosewood base.

P8401sK.jpg

Micro Seiki started moving away from direct drive in favor of belt drive in the late 70s / early 80s, with statement tables like the RX-5000 series, and the BL-111. Some of the old Micro Seiki tables had vacuum platters, or the option for them, and some of the tables they made for Luxman did too. TechDas is of course Hideaki Nishikawa's modern continuation of the old Micro Seiki SX-8000 design, which he had a big part in bringing to market in the early 80s...

bBdNVEs.png

Last edited:
oh wow i had no idea about the connection between techDAS and Micro. very interesting tidbit.

I recently picked up a nice DD-40 with a Grace 704 arm. Those two look good together in my opinion. Added a NOS AT13E to get things rolling. Does anyone know if there is any lubrication needed for the motor? Nothing I have read indicates that and I am not sure where I would add oil if needed.

0B249725-B0A3-4C5E-9736-9C64219D8BC1.jpeg E7E5AC4C-630E-40AF-A300-F8A422D9D632.jpeg

I recently picked up a nice DD-40 with a Grace 704 arm. Those two look good together in my opinion. Added a NOS AT13E to get things rolling. Does anyone know if there is any lubrication needed for the motor? Nothing I have read indicates that and I am not sure where I would add oil if needed.
Regarding motor lube, some disassembly is required, I've done mine before. It shares the same Matsushita motor as on the Kenwood KD-500, Micro Seiki was involved in the design of a lot of the Kenwood tables during that time period, and there is a good website dedicated to servicing the KD series. You can also refer to the KD-500 service manual for the motor and internal servo electronics since they are the same, the Micro DD-40 service manual doesn't cover the motor internals... https://liquidaudio.com.au/kenwood-kd-500550-turntable-motor-service/

Last edited:
I've seen Aerobat's TT in person not long ago and it's a beauty! Not sure my hands are steady enough to deal with some of those tonearms though. Sounded really good to.

BillWojo

Thanks for starting this thread. I have yet to see a MS deck in person, but as a graphic designer and photographer I've always greatly admired their aesthetics and industrial design. Keep those photos coming!

Regarding motor lube, some disassembly is required, I've done mine before. It shares the same Matsushita motor as on the Kenwood KD-500, Micro Seiki was involved in the design of a lot of the Kenwood tables during that time period, and there is a good website dedicated to servicing the KD series. You can also refer to the KD-500 service manual for the motor and internal servo electronics since they are the same, the Micro DD-40 service manual doesn't cover the motor internals... https://liquidaudio.com.au/kenwood-kd-500550-turntable-motor-service/

Thank you @The Slider. I have gotten down to the sensor and was not sure what to do next. I will give this a try. Any suggestion on which bearing oil to use?

Back
Top Bottom