Monitor Audio Gold Reference 10's - Are They Really That Good?

InfinityDrew

Is anyone familiar with this speaker line? I was talking with a friend who's opinion I trust, that Had previously owned the MA-GS20 and went on and on about them. I got curious and sure enough, read some wow impressive reviews from Reference Gold's owners, reviews from Arvind Kohli, David Dowdell with Sounstage! and one from Home Theater Forum regarding the Reference Gold Series10 titled "A review of the Perfect Loudspeaker"

They were compared to many highly regarded bookshelf speakers, B&W 805, Energy Veritas 2.2, and the Paradigm Active Studio 20's and 40's. Most don't know that Paradigm briefly made the 20's and 40's with two built in amp channels that were sooooo much better than the passive 20's and 40's. Anyway The author went on to say the Gold Reference 10 wiped the floor the base Studio's and significanly better than the Active 40's!

I quickly looked them up to see what the damage would be.. The Gold Reference10 for $450!! I know these are about 20 years old but was expecting the speaker that was "wiping the floor" with speakers costing 4x that would be that cheap. I think I might find out for myself real soon. .

Back
Top Bottom