More Barter Town updates!

ehoove

Old & New - Carpe Diem
Staff member
Super Mod
Subscriber
Comments to ads now allowed!!

The Moderation Staff working Closely with the Admins believe we have made the needed adjustments to allow comments to ads without causing the ad to bump to the top of the list! All comments are to be about the product offered etc. Comments about the seller will be deleted as we have a feedback forum for that. Everything else remains the same at this point and we hope this makes Barter Town a more friendly and engaging forum.
Note: As this is a new setting that we are trying out, this will be on an initial temporary two week trial basis to ensure it works as expected.

Ads now run 2 weeks instead of 1 and you can find all sold ads in the Completed Barter Town thread. The Equipment and Parts Sections are 5 pages long since we extended the time. If you left because of the changes, please reconsider because we are listening!

Regards,
ehoove

Thank you Jim!!!!
I just re-upped my subscription. This is a positive step in the right direction. I would like to see all the adds stay and the ones that have been sold or completed marked as such. There was a wealth of information that was lost when all that went away.

BillWojo

Thanks to the team for taking a good look at Bartertown. I certainly agree that a change was in order. Hopefully this will give the desired results most of us anticipate.

Thank you Jim!!!!
I just re-upped my subscription. This is a positive step in the right direction. I would like to see all the adds stay and the ones that have been sold or completed marked as such. There was a wealth of information that was lost when all that went away.

BillWojo

+1

Thank you Jim!!!!

BillWojo

All the ads marked Sold or Completed can be found in the Completed Barter Town Sales heading in the subscribers section. Access to the expired ads is being considered and is under review.
Thanks for re-subscribing,
Jim

Wondering if it is worthwhile to join to use bartertown if I want to only pick up rather than ship speakers not being used along with other equipment. Stopped selling on that other site because of the changes and the pain of shipping stuff and that site taking a cut of my shipping charges.

I have had excellent experience with both Greyhound bus shipping, and U-ship for shipping large speakers. There is also AK's Pony Express, which could take some time to make arrangements.

As for the value aspect, hands down better than any of the other venues I've participated in as both buyer and seller.

This is great news and I've now re-subscribed. It would be great if the completed listing details weren't deleted. There's a ton of market data lost when the ads are wiped.

P.S. - why is this thread in Turntables? It's taken me way too long (5 months) to learn this news.

Expired Ads can now be found in the aged ads section where they will remain for 6 months.
Enjoy the forums,
ehoove

Back
Top Bottom