My New Dog...an Acrosound UL-120

Here's a pic of two of three of the suspect parts. The other one fell apart after touching it and look as if it was made of nothing of fibers, but same general size and shape as these.

Yep thems the ones. You can still read the values on mine.

I'm thinking that there are likely to be a lot of similarities between the Ult IIs and the 120.

Cheers

Lar

Wasn't Acrosound David Haffler's company before he started Dynaco?

I've seen the model number of the Realistic S-120 clone also listed as HK-210. HK stood for Hafler-Keroes, Keroes being the other founding partner of Acrosound. The way I've heard the story told told, Acrosound got into financial trouble and Hafler left to found Dynaco. The rest is history there. Acrosound continued in its decline and despite Keroes best efforts to keep it going, eventually sold out to Tyco Toys. They were makers of the then new HO-scale model trains. Those took off like a rocket and Tyco decided to bring the power transformers business under their ownership and Acrosound was purchased to fill that roll. That had not been Keroes intention as the move was to keep Acrosound viable and building power transformers to be core business. Apparently Tyco did not see audio as the future for them. Keep in mind that this is all anecodotal stuff. One thing is pretty certain though, all Acrosound stereo products including the Realistic ones were the last pieces they made.

Here's the ad for the HK-210.

Wonder how many they sold?

Cheers

Lar

Attachments

• Radio Shack HK-210.jpg
    Radio Shack HK-210.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 79
Acrosound S-120

if you cant find a manual/schematic for your Realistic version i can send you a copy of my S-120 manual/schematic

if you cant find a manual/schematic for your Realistic version i can send you a copy of my S-120 manual/schematic

I really appreciate the offer. I have a copy of the 120 manual coming, I'm hoping it's the same. I would think it is, even the PC board on the realistic is Acrosound labeled. How do you like the amp??? By the way, is that an assembly manual? Was the 120 a kit, for some reason my understanding was that it was a kit...

Acrosound S-120 manual

yes it is an assembly manual. i acquired the amp from the family of the original
builder, an electrical engineer here in Fullerton.

Back
Top Bottom