Psvane HiFi series tubes launched - affordable to everyone

GrantFidelity

Psvane Audio - the latest addition to vacuum tubes product scene, is formed by key R&D personnel who left Shuguang (who made the high end Treasure black bottle tubes) and formed their own company in 2011. The team includes Shuguang's chief designer (22 years in vacuum tubes industry and designed over 60 tube models in his career) and 80% of the Shuguang Treasure tube production team.

A new affordable series called Psvane HiFi series has been created - they are affordable (directly competing with Russian current production tubes and Shuguang generic clear glass tubes on prices but production quality is much tighter than Shuguang). It currently includes EL34, 5881, KT88 and 300B.

Grant Fidelity has started reselling EL34, KT88 and 300B as a start.

For less than $200, now you can re-tube your EL34, KT88 and 300B power tubes in your amp with a North American distributor to provide direct warranty.

Check further information and pricing on www.psvanetube.com

psvane-hifi-el34-with-box-300x276.jpg

psvane-hifi-300b-with-box2-300x290.jpg

psvane-KT88-hifi-with-box-300x198.jpg

I will be providing my thoughts and suggestions on them soon.

Cheers,
Ian

Well if you want sent me an amp with Psvane-Shuguang tubes so i can roll and help you with my thoughts hehe :)

Will there be a CV181-Z (6SN7) version of this tube in the future?

The models in production include EL34 KT88 5881 6L6 EL156 845 211 805 300B 2A3. Not sure if they have plan for 6SN7 - it's costly to make a good dual triode tube preamp tube. So far only power tubes are included in this HiFi affordable series.

In a tube amp, the most consumable tubes are the power tubes (they age with time and you have to replace them in 2-3 years) so there is strong demand for affordable yet good quality power tubes so that people can keep up with the maintenance at small cost.

Preamp tube typically lasts very long time and needs very little maintenance. When factory makes an affordable preamp tube, the demand won't be as much as for power tubes so they are not eager to make preamp tubes first :)

They look terrific. How do you compare the sound vs the Treasure "Black bottle" ?

They are not the same league tubes.

Just like the Shuguang generic tubes are no where close to the sound quality of Treasure series, the Psvane HiFi series are after the tube amp manufacturing market and consumer market to substitute your stock tubes for better quality and still small price.

Treasure tubes should be compared to the black bottle Psvane T-series (in our opinion, the Psvane T-series are make cosmetically better than Treasure and sound is more refined. A MKII version of Treasure tubes).

To compare Psvane HiFi series to Treasure tubes, you are comparing apples to oranges, well, sort of :)

Rachel @ Grant Fidelity

Not as much fun rolling as the W-30. Awesome amp though, you will hear the Ref 5.5 at the Montreal show. Maybe I'll run it with the Pavane Hi-Fi 300B tubes instead of the stock Shuguangs.

Cheers,
Ian

My friend is sending a pair of Hifi series quad set, are they worth putting them in my Audio Innovations 800 series Mk3 power amp?

MR

Back
Top Bottom