The Carma Laboratory Wurlitzer.

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Here is a unique setting for a Wurlitzer theater organ. This instrument is in what could be called a recording studio, located in a warehouse. Pipe organs are so difficult to record because of their usual settings. This one is all out in the open and Is being gloriously played as a Wurlitzer should be played.

Last edited:
I am absolutely gobsmacked. This Wurlitzer has a functional paper roll player. I have read they could be equipped with them. I understand some silent movies came with such music rolls. This is the first time I have ever seen one.

Thanks it is interesting to know the story of this instrument. I have been fan of The Mighty Wurlitzer since I was a teenager. The console threw me normally you found these nicely finished consoles with much smaller instruments found in private homes.

I was researching the paper roll player. They are very rare because the theater musicians union in the 1920’s into the 1930’s had a flat ban on all but live music in theaters. The only consoles they would be installed on are ones in private use.

I
Thanks it is interesting to know the story of this instrument. I have been fan of The Mighty Wurlitzer since I was a teenager. The console threw me normally you found these nicely finished consoles with much smaller instruments found in private homes.
It may have previously been finished in gilded bisque Baroque livery.

Back
Top Bottom