• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Amazon account got hacked

BSome

Super Member
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Not just hacked but taken over, password, email and phone number. We were out Tuesday and started getting blasted with emails and i mean 400 or more ranging from thank you for subscribing to sexually graphic and in other languages. On of them said you successfully changed your email. Checked when we got home and put in the wife's username sure enough different email.

Spent several hours on the phone with amazon putting in fraud claims and Chase to shut down the cards on file. Fortunately there were no orders placed and we were able to verify all the card transactions. Most worry some was the Amazon pharmacy side. We have switched all our medications to them and was not sure what we would deal with. A wonderful young woman was very helpful with guiding us through what they would work on and walking us through setting up the new pharmacy accounts. Most aggravating is losing access to all the old history and regular order items.

I hope no one has to deal with this. GRRRRRRRRR
 
Register to hide this ad
I’m sorry to hear about that. This is a painful reminder for all of us to up the security of our accounts.
 
That sucks . . . did you have Two-Factor? I set it up but it doesn't seem to be working properly.
 
My Spotify account was hacked once -- the only damage was that somebody created a "Bay City Rollers" playlist on my account

Very sorry to hear about the Amazon, but glad at least no damage was done
 
I should have added I have no idea how this happened my guess would be through a back door as I've heard techies say. We did not get a code to enter the account settings or if this is not you message. I am not that tech savvy, the misses is even less and getting her to understand something like backup emails and such is difficult. She completely shut down when I suggested a different email, I have some work to do there to get her onboard.

However, per Ask Leo on you tube I did run a full system scan using windows defender and it did find a Trojan malware on each of our laptops.

Personally, I think it was one of the decepticons, Optimus or Bumblebee wouldn't have allowed this
 
Back
Top Bottom