• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer S1010 speakers

richd56

New Member
I have a pair of Pioneer S1010 speakers I purchased in Germany in 1985 and one of the 10.25" woofers is in need of a new cone and the other is in need of new foam. Also I have a 14" passive radiator in one that needs new foam.
Does anyone know of a authorized pioneer dealer who could repair my speakers.
Thanks
Richd56
 
Register to hide this ad
For an authorized dealer, contact Pioneer. If you want things refoamed and reconed and are not overly concerned about whether they are factory authorized or not, I have heard great things about:

http://www.millersound.net/

I sent off a pair of Pioneer tweeters to be refoamed (unfortunately, Pioneer chose foam surrounds on a few of their tweeters, like the ones in CS-99). I plan on posting about them after I get them back and have a chance to listen to them a while.

Note: I am not affiliated with Millersound in any way, and cannot guarantee anything about them. I simply asked around, and then after they were suggested to me, I searched the Internet for comments about them, and liked what I read, so, after contacting them about price for my tweeters, I shipped them off with a check, and am currently waiting for their return.
 
I have a set of S-1010's as well. Great speakers. Mine had fractured woofer cones which I epoxied from the rear and needed new foams which I found to be fairly standard. For those I sent the dimensions to Reedger (AK member) and he sent me ones that fit PERFECT. For the passives I looked everywhere as did Gene (Reedger) and we could not find a suitable replacement for those strange sizes. I ended up splicing a 15" surround in thirds and doing them that way. Turned out better than i hoped. Although i never got to hear them before the repair they sound fantastic after so I'm 100% happy.

S-1010-passive.jpg


S-1010-done.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom