• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sony TA-4650 V-fet restauration pics

Tim5

Active Member
Here some pics of my restored 4650 amp.
This one is sold already, it worked and sounded just fine, the buyer was very happy.
I've have one running now with all new transistors, except preamp section, as the replacement list I posted, with good results.
V-fet amps do rock, and they deserve it to be restored.

bayfix_com_1353x2x34bae996131.jpg

bayfix_com_1353x2x34bae996130.jpg

bayfix_com_1353x2xaacd7860234.jpg

bayfix_com_1353x2xaacd7860232.jpg

bayfix_com_1353x2xaacd7860231.jpg

bayfix_com_1353x2xaacd7860230.jpg

bayfix_com_1353x2xfd2f09c6bd4.jpg

bayfix_com_1353x2xfd2f09c6bd3.jpg

bayfix_com_1353x2xfd2f09c6bd2.jpg

bayfix_com_1353x2xfd2f09c6bd0.jpg

bayfix_com_1353x2x34bae996134.jpg
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Very nice! :thmbsp:

Another classic V-FET amp lives on to see another 30 + years. :tresbon: :D
 
Good combo, V-fet+NS1000, I love it.

Believe it or not the polar opposite is a great combo, as well.

For the past 2 weeks I've been enjoying my newly acquired 4650 with Minimus 7s. Which I just pulled out of the closet for testing purposes, but I was so AMAZED at how good the combo sounded, I've just them hooked up. And have been marveling at the vfet goodness/uniqueness. Listening to Chicago as I type. Horns sound very, very good through this amp! :music:
 
Believe it or not the polar opposite is a great combo, as well.

I believe you, it is a very musical amplifier that sounds good on wide variety of speakers.
The NS-1000 sounds best with a warm sounding amp, that's why the 4650, 5650, 8650 are a good match.
 
Back
Top Bottom