• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Anyone recognize this arm?

mhardy6647

Lunatic Member
Found this wooden-wand tonearm at the dump today. Headshell is cast aluminum. There's a Stanton 500 DJ cartridge :-O mounted in it.

One is most curious as to what it might be. Perhaps someone recognizes the runic logo on the arm?

First time in 15 years of dump-diving I've found a standalone tonearm.

tonearm3.jpg

tonearm2.jpg

tonearm1.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Reminds me of the old Grado (or Grace) arms we used on our Gates TT's in the radio station during the early 70's.
 
Last edited:
I've only seen Grados that were all-wood (headshell too). Grace, maybe. Maybe a Gray?

I dunno about that logo on the arm...
 
I'm with Celt on this one, looks almost identical to the arms on our Gates TT's at the little AM station I worked at for several years.

As I recollect, they were a great little tonearm, very silent and not easily perturbed. I don't recognize the logo either - Too bad you didn't find a whole chain drive broadcast TT! Still a very nice piece to bring home.
 
These are like the Gates we had in the original control room @ K105. I'm pretty sure those arms were made by Gray. Still waiting on a reply from my brother who was chief engineer there.

gatestt.jpg
 
It's an ADC/Pritchard, I have had one for years. Mine came to on a Gates 16" TT but they were also made in a 12" version for home use.

Clyde
 
Before Grey sold that arm it was marketed by ADC and made by Pritchard. I will locate and scan an ad from around 1960 and post it later.

Clyde
 
Been on vacation for a week, or would have been at the front of the line with my hand up yelling 'I know! I know!'. Its a Micro Track, one of the standard radio station arms. Micro Track and Gray seem to have been the same company. It is not an ADC -- the Pritchard arm had a tapered tubular basswood arm with gimbelled bearings, antiskate, and a removeable headshell.
 
Holst has got it.

Had these in a broadcast studio I used to work in. You should see the rubber I could leave by doing a neutral drop into 45! yeeee hawwww!
 
Back
Top Bottom