• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Speaker Repair Needed ? Dome pushed in.

AudCrshDumy

Well-Known Member
Banned
Is this the correct terminology ?
When you face the speaker, from the front, the round center piece is pushed in on one of the Yamaha tweeters (speaker NS-A1235) seems to have less coming out of it than the other...not a big $ speaker...

I was thinking, maybe if I hooked up a piece of auto vac line, maybe 1/16" inside diameter, to a vac cleaner with duct tape, I could make a very small source of vacuum, and try to suck the thing back out...can't make it any worse right ?

What does the dome do ?
 
Register to hide this ad
the dome helps disperse sound better. You will notice a slight difference after you fix it.

I use a 1/2 inch hose with some ticky tack on the end to make a better seal. Then just make your own suction and usually POP it comes back out good as new.

You could also hook it up to a vacuum if you really wanted.

Cheers,
Rudy
 
I used a vacuum recently on a dust cover and "woooosh" -- the vacuum sucked it right off. I found it in the vacuum's bin and, surprisingly, it was still pushed in. :P

I pushed it back out (oh how satisfying that felt), dusted it off, and used some Aleene's to glue it back on. Fixed. ;)
 
Another way to fix it is use the blue masking tape. Stick it to it gently and pull out.

If you use this method when to go to pull the tape off, use a sideways puullng motion- slight upwards. Works for me almost every time!
DC
 
This just happened to me yesterday, so I just carefully took the dome off of the magnet and pushed it back out before I even looked at this thread, just like ryuuoh said.:yes:
 
Had this same problem before, the vacuum trick works. Just make sure it is one you can control the amount of suction with. Tape a small hose to the end and try it.

One time I did this and noticed the surround had come loose from the frame. So I carefully glued it back and had some stuff sitting on the suround waiting for it to dry. My son (same son that pushed in the center to begin with) got in the room and put his hand though the woofer and destroyed it.

Time for some new woofers. :tears:
 
Back
Top Bottom